Do I trade or don't I? Your input needed!

Soo I got an offer to trade my 2 sa8 v.2s for a single 15 re mx d2... will be using my AQ 1200.1.. Looking for your personal opinion.. I've heard both subs but not the re in my e46... If it were u, what would you do?
Probably won't notice much of a difference... maybe in the real low frequencies because the 15 has more xmax so it'll be able to move more without bottoming out/mechanical limits.. but in terms of sq and spl.. I'd say not much of a difference and I'd probably stick with the 8's.

Thanks for the quick responses! I keep going back and forth lol I may be getting rid of the bimmer and into either a pickup or an SUV which the 15 would be good in an SUV but not a pickup and the 8s might still work in a pickup lol decisions, decisions, decisions... U think my 2 8s vs that 1 15 spl wise would be comparable tho? And I'm not gunna lie, having the option to use a really small box is amazing

Ya ik I'd need a way bigger box I build boxes lol the 8s are fun with the surprises from ppl but I do think a single 15 in the correct box would be significantly louder

Thanks for the quick responses! I keep going back and forth lol I may be getting rid of the bimmer and into either a pickup or an SUV which the 15 would be good in an SUV but not a pickup and the 8s might still work in a pickup lol decisions, decisions, decisions... U think my 2 8s vs that 1 15 spl wise would be comparable tho? And I'm not gunna lie, having the option to use a really small box is amazing
sell the bimmer? smdh

Hahahahaha ^^^^ I'd get another one but mines a 328ci with an mtech front and rear bumpers, m3 18s and on tein coilovers... I want a real m3 not just a look alike ... No shaking of the head, once u have a bimmer, u always have a bimmer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hahahahaha ^^^^ I'd get another one but mines a 328ci with an mtech front and rear bumpers, m3 18s and on tein coilovers... I want a real m3 not just a look alike ... No shaking of the head, once u have a bimmer, u always have a bimmer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Isn't a CI really close to an m3?

Sick! If you get an m3 don't waste audio on it. Keep it as light as possible.

Ya my version is actually the sport package so it's somewhat similar to an M just a lot slower lol but I would definitely not dump extra stereo weight into an M that's why I want a truck too.. Nebraska kinda ***** in the winter, I doubt an M would do me much good

Ya my version is actually the sport package so it's somewhat similar to an M just a lot slower lol but I would definitely not dump extra stereo weight into an M that's why I want a truck too.. Nebraska kinda ***** in the winter, I doubt an M would do me much good
There was an article in Road and track about a guy who put Blizzacks snow tires on his 5 series. He said it ended up handling better in the snow than his Audio.

But regardless I wouldn't drive a M in the winter/salt. Plus it could just be the guy opinion.

I'm like that, I wouldn't drive an M in that salty sh**..

Ok so the guy called me before we were gunna meet up (120 miles apart) and said he just went to pick the sub up and heard a rattle near the motor but he hooked up the meter an still read roughly 2ohms (D2 coils) and the pictures of the coil look flawless.. Said there's no coil rub/scratch etc. but wanted to be honest which I appreciate. He said he hooked it up to power and it still sounded fine but still had motor noise that sounded faint like port noise.. Looking up similar situations with these subs, multiple ppl said they have noisy motors but are good subs.. The rattle concerns me tho I'm not gunna lie.. I haven't heard the "rattle" myself but to meet up and to find out its on its way out the door would **** after that drive... Anyone have any input??! My sa8's are flawless soooo ya

If it was a perfect sub i'd do the trade but now that it has a said issue and have to drive all that way to take a gamble? I'd say stick with what you have there is nothing wrong with your stuff, that you know. Good luck with your decision. Love some bimmers!! Lol

Hahaha I'll make my signature pic of my car since I don't have that car anymore and ppl seem to be showing a lot of comments toward that... But yes, I'm thinking I probably will.. It's a long drive for just an "iffy" and if it needs to be reconed then that ***** cuz my SA's are perfect

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.