Does my amp need to be repaired/replaced??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alimoose
10+ year member

Recently got my car finished with everything installed and playing, but there was horrible ground noise coming through my mids/highs.

Removed the RCAs and the amp (MB Quart Onyx 4.125) went into protect. RCAs plugged in, the amp stays on fine but there is horrible ground noise. Also tried an RCA to AUX cable to play from my ipod, came on for 1 sec and then it went into protect.

Before all this ground noise, we did find out that my Crescendo XST2's terminals were all apart and what not (how the hell does a speaker fall apart?!! same thing happen to my other XST2 and same with my friends) and it was grounding out onto one of the bars on the trunk lid, causing all my mids/highs to pop extremely loud.

Any idea?

Hmm... alright, thanks. I'll see if I can get a warranty repair/replacement. Didn't mention the part about it grounding out on the chassis to them though lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.