Does this make sence to you, port plug to change tune

WOT

Banned
Designing a wall for my next build. Im gonna start the build with AQ HDC3 18's at first, but its probly gonna change fast. Looking for a 38hz tune with AQ's, with the ability to plug a port, and drop down to the low 30's.

Dont exactly know how to model this up, but I think this way works. Box will be around 13 cubes (odd shape fiberglass to do so Im not sure on the exact yet) with (3) 8" single flare aeroports

Go to this site:

http://www.psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/cgi-bin/port_length_calculator.cgi

Enter

Gives me a length of 16.8" for the 38hz tune

So say I plug a port. Enter

Gives me a length of 16.83" for a 31hz tune (obviously there is some error here as I dont know the volume of my box yet)

But that works correct? Being as the lengths are almost equal, Id just like the ability to flop tunes and see what happens on multiple sub setups Im going to have in this box.

Thanks for any help

that works perfect. F uck i wish my box was as easy as that. looks like it will work out very easy for you. although with 2 8s on the 30 htz tuning it will be a little less than u need for port area, 2 8s = about 100 inches of port. will be only about 7-8 inches of port per cube.

true thats why u only need about 12 inches per cube rather than 16 inches of slot port. i use aeros and trust me u will notice a differance with more port area. i did when i went from 2 4s to one 8.

you might as well go for 4 8" ports so you can have 3 tunings to choose from!.

with 4 8" ports you'll have a 44hz tuning option.

BAH!! Ive only got 37.5" width to work with....

Im also debating just making interchangable slot ports and having 200+ in of port, but Ive never done aeros before

4 8's would be cool to, Ill have to check what I can squeeze

true thats why u only need about 12 inches per cube rather than 16 inches of slot port. i use aeros and trust me u will notice a differance with more port area. i did when i went from 2 4s to one 8.
16 in o port per cube minimum?? nga you crazy lol, thats excessive, not a requirement lol. I thought 10-12 with slot was enough. But theres so much **** wrong info out there that I dunno anymore

16 in o port per cube minimum?? nga you crazy lol, thats excessive, not a requirement lol. I thought 10-12 with slot was enough. But theres so much **** wrong info out there that I dunno anymore
no max fool! lol

slot =12-16

aero=8-12

thats why i said u will be fine. i forgot aeros can be 8 inches per cube and be fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well this will most likely never be metered, just personal fun, but Id still love to hurt some chests and move some air here. The aq's will be getting 1700ish a piece at first from the visonik, and they like 36+ from what Ive experienced, just would be cool to play a song @ 38hz, plug the port, then play the song @ 32 and hear the difference.

ps- what the **** can I plug a port with without scratching it to crap??

Well this will most likely never be metered, just personal fun, but Id still love to hurt some chests and move some air here. The aq's will be getting 1700ish a piece at first from the visonik, and they like 36+ from what Ive experienced, just would be cool to play a song @ 38hz, plug the port, then play the song @ 32 and hear the difference.
ps- what the **** can I plug a port with without scratching it to crap??
sounds dumb but get a kids rubber basket ball toy and stuff it in there lol. make sure its a little flat. stick it in the air it up til its tighter than ****

sounds dumb but get a kids rubber basket ball toy and stuff it in there lol. make sure its a little flat. stick it in the air it up til its tighter than ****
Sounds feasible, Ive got a mini hand pump to, beachball would look tits in there until it popped out lol

A foam plug though? wouldnt that allow pressure/air to creep by?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.