Does this price sound decent or too much for my alarm install?

Ayy
10+ year member

detroit
this is just for install, i already got all tha parts.

$500 for

viper5901 installed

directed glass break sensor installed

directed tilt sensor installed

back up batter and 5 mini piezos installed

all connections soldered

thats pretty steep

and anyways, thats not enough stuff to deter the Detriotian hoodrats from jacking your car.

for ultimate security, you need one 12w7 in your trunk so when they go to start the car, they go deaf and fall out the car stunned and paralyzed.

what would be a decent price then? im callin around gettin quotes.

he broke that install down like

200 for alarm install

50 for glass sensor install

50 for tilt sensor install

50 for extra battery install

50 for piezos install

100 to solder all connections

pretty standard pricing, (i feel its a hair high, but it is average)

except for the soldering. 100 for soldering? thats ridiculous.

200 for alarm install

50 for piezos install

Hello,

Yeah they all seems to be reasonable price, but have only doubt in soldering, u said 100 for soldering, i suppose this is not fine, rest everything would be fine, Keep Sharing and Reading.

Have a nice time a head!

seems high to me however my best friend always did my alarms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ***** he shut his shop down. i guess i get to step into real world pricing now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Ya its kinda steep, but still around the right price. The fact taht he said 100 to solder is bs. Yes, ttaps would take less then half the time, but it would be janky as ****. You do have alot of stuff ur adding so i can understand those, but his bs 'solder' charge is another reason to get 100 from you. You have to test those wires anyway to make sure they are correct, so if you are gonna strip it already, why not just solder it. C what im sayin? Id keep tryin around to get more prices. GL

there is nothing wrong with T-taps. A properly used T tap WITH stress release won't fail. I've personally done thousands of cars this way with maybe 1 return for a tap issue. Worth it for the speed easily IMO.

200 for alarm install

50 for piezos install

Thats some b.s. if they are charging you to solder all wire connections on an alarm install. I have never charged to do that. When it comes to alarm/keyless/remote start installs I always solder my connections. Go to another shop and you can get out around $300 for everything installed.

Im currently lookin for other shops around here, it has to be a viper authorized shop so my warranty stays valid...but theres not many around here...alot of shady places that dont seem to know what they doin.

The labor charge should INCLUDE the soldering, as that is part of the process of installation! 350-400 sounds about right, 100.00 extra for soldering is rape..Keep looking...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.