Don (6spdcoupe)...look what I FINALLY got today!!!!

Here you go: (didn't feel like taking off the whole door panel...just took off the speaker grille)
DSC01303.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01302.jpg
thx alot brypink, i aprreciate it:D

woww, they look soooo freakin' good!

nice and beefy, i just hope i could just hear them:crap:

thx alot brypink, i aprreciate it:Dwoww, they look soooo freakin' good!

nice and beefy, i just hope i could just hear them:crap:
If you were in SoCal you could.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't look like it, but that baffle is 1 1/2" thick.

Here you go: (didn't feel like taking off the whole door panel...just took off the speaker grille)
DSC01303.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01302.jpg
Wow they're white?? Kind of an odd color choice buy they look real nice in the doors. Is there another panel that covers them or they exposed like that??

question. by the looks of your car did the previous oem speakers mount on the door panel instead of the door metal frame? My car is like that. Grill on top of door panel thats easily removed, speaker mounted on door panel, door panel mounted on door frame.

From the looks of it you did some cutting on the panel to get the speaker to actual metal frame

Wow they're white?? Kind of an odd color choice buy they look real nice in the doors. Is there another panel that covers them or they exposed like that??
Nope, they are silver...just lighting w/ the camera.

question. by the looks of your car did the previous oem speakers mount on the door panel instead of the door metal frame? My car is like that. Grill on top of door panel thats easily removed, speaker mounted on door panel, door panel mounted on door frame.
From the looks of it you did some cutting on the panel to get the speaker to actual metal frame
No, the stock speakers mounted on the metal door frame. Just the door panel was deep and had a 5x7 pocket in the door panel. I had to cut the whole pocket off (flush w/ the door panel).

Also, there is a grille cover that goes over it and they are hidden.

Care to explain further?
The vanadiam line is listed on the site above the power line. Is it better, worse, different? The profi-vanadium line is the next 3 way set I saw.

The Powerline is set Listed below the Profi/ProfiVandium due to having the CMX within its lineup. With the CMX just being a tad over the SLCs. So I guess they just put em together.

The W175 CS midbass is based off the ProfiVandium sub struture,will handle Gobs of power all day long and maintain integretity while doing it. The CAL27 larger format that the Profi/ProfiVandium CAL26 will do the same with power and will dip a bit lower in range and will offer superior detail.

BTW...if you notice the Xplain is below em all, but by no means a slouch also offering the CAL25. But it is different due to its slim fitment... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

why they upside down? sorry if i imissed sumthin
Actually, the original speaker hole is for a 5x7...on that particular mid...I guess I didn't line up the baffle just right. The terminal on the speaker is pretty big and bulky and it got in the way. I didn't feel like taking the baffle off...so I turned it upside down and it fit. So, it is upside down now. I actually think it sounds better. j/k on that.

Don't fret...the other one is right side up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Actually, the original speaker hole is for a 5x7...on that particular mid...I guess I didn't line up the baffle just right. The terminal on the speaker is pretty big and bulky and it got in the way. I didn't feel like taking the baffle off...so I turned it upside down and it fit. So, it is upside down now. I actually think it sounds better. j/k on that.
Don't fret...the other one is right side up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
yeah figured it was a binding post issue, but thought i would ask.

I have a f150 '05 and i'm thinking of the powerline cs. Do you think the stock grills are too restrictive. Have you tried them with the grills on and off. how are your clerences between the grill and speaker and speaker and window?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.