Double Din + Active + cheap ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

ilikeradios
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Putting together a system in my truck now.

Looking for a cheap decent active double din unit.

I don't think I want one of the Chinesse ones.

Does Pioneer make a unit that would fit my needs?

I do not need a dvd player, just a USB and needs to stream Spotify as well.

MVH-X690BS - <b>NEW!</b> - Digital Media 2DIN Receiver with enhanced Audio Functions, Pioneer ARC App Compatibility, MIXTRAX®, Built-in Bluetooth®, and SiriusXM-Ready™ | Pioneer Electronics USA

I'm fond of this style of head unit after trying complicated units. I run a Clarion CX305 into a DSP to run my speakers active. A big volume knob and a simple interface with big buttons is nice, although a full touch screen display does make it easier to browse a music library. I have not used this unit to be able to vouch for the quality but I would still not do a "Chinese" unit.

MVH-X690BS - NEW! - Digital Media 2DIN Receiver with enhanced Audio Functions, Pioneer ARC App Compatibility, MIXTRAX®, Built-in Bluetooth®, and SiriusXM-Ready™ | Pioneer Electronics USA
I'm fond of this style of head unit after trying complicated units. I run a Clarion CX305 into a DSP to run my speakers active. A big volume knob and a simple interface with big buttons is nice, although a full touch screen display does make it easier to browse a music library. I have not used this unit to be able to vouch for the quality but I would still not do a "Chinese" unit.
does it have speaker level hpf?

Wow $120 for an hu with network mode huh.

2v preouts though. it's not gonna be very loud.

The best pioneer hu, prs99 is 1din. That tells you something. Either you are buying a headunit or a TV. What's it gonna be?

Wow $120 for an hu with network mode huh. yes
2v preouts though. it's not gonna be very loud. you are stupid, how the fuc does the output voltage effect how loud a system is going to be, you need to read more and post less if you think that is the answer

The best pioneer hu, prs99 is 1din. That tells you something. Either you are buying a headunit or a TV. What's it gonna be? The best cars cost a million dollars, wtf are you trying to say here? I have a double DIN opening on my truck, a double DIN radio works the best for me. Go hang out with Kuthe if you want to be so fucing dumb
I post on this forum to get information from people who know what they are talking about, nothing you said helps at all.

I was already recommended a cheap, active, double DIN headunit which I will be buying as it fits my needs and budget perfect.

Run your system not your mouth. I doubt it will sound good or loud. Meh, should suffice for a stupid a$$ redneck like yourself.

you are probably too retarded to even set the gains right because your whole existence is a result of incest.

Run your system not your mouth. I doubt it will sound good or loud. Meh, should suffice for a stupid a$$ redneck like yourself.
you are probably too retarded to even set the gains right because your whole existence is a result of incest.
John is that you?

also I have a rough understanding of how preout voltage affects loudness but I ain't gonna tell you shyt because you're rude and don't deserve any help. Just go to bestbuy they'll sell you some good stuff!

also I have a rough understanding of how preout voltage affects loudness but I ain't gonna tell you shyt because you're rude and don't deserve any help. Just go to bestbuy they'll sell you some good stuff!
Being my other car is a full active system put together using raw drivers I think I know a little bit.

Please explain to me how 2 volt Pre outs will not be as loud as say 4 or 6 volt.

Educate me as I have no idea why that would be.

Being my other car is a full active system put together using raw drivers I think I know a little bit.
Please explain to me how 2 volt Pre outs will not be as loud as say 4 or 6 volt.

I always used to think that and always (until now) had clarion with 4v but really I think if u match amp gain to hu shouldn't make much diff. also other guys said some hu (jvc I think) say 4v but don't really do 4 and they trust like pioneer 2v more..

Hate to say it he's right. Less voltage on the HU like 2v vs 4-5v means the gain on the amp will be less than more. To match gain with HU is what I meant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.