Drive-in movies....

DoubleE
10+ year member

ohio
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has took there ride to the drive-in,you know the ones that you pick up the audio off the radio.If you have how did it sound and did the ppl around you like or dislike it. I'm thinking of going this weekend?

I used to go to a old one when I lived in North Carolina. The only problem was the radio station they used to broadcast never really came in good, but I suppose it would sound pretty good in a nice system if the broadcast is clear.

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has took there ride to the drive-in,you know the ones that you pick up the audio off the radio.If you have how did it sound and did the ppl around you like or dislike it. I'm thinking of going this weekend?
I have gone to a few. It sounds just like anything else on the radio. Fun times you should enjoy it. But I have to say bigger cars are nice to have, so what are you driving?

I have a Colorado ext cab, gonna be sitting in the truck bed.Thought about yankinging one of my wifes old 6x9 boxs in the garage out and runnig it out of the truck to the bed off of my mids amp under one of my seats that should be farely simple to do and keep the sub on for some good bass

The one that I go to broadcasts in mono... that just kills me... and I have a surround system... needs a stereo signal for it to work (I get no sound from the rear surround channels). Anyone know of any drive ins that broadcast the signal in stereo?

SO much fun. Go on a nice night and enjoy. There's a great one about 30 minutes from here that I've been to and plan on going again. You pay 11 bucks and can stay for up to three films. Big thumbs up.

They dont even have those here anymore.
Here either. They used to have one back in the late 70's, which still had the building and parking lot up until this past year. It was called the Star-lite drive in theature. They tore it down and built a ballpark for the Babe Ruth league.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.