Ds 18 amps, good or not

Hey guys i have 2 kicker solo classics and i the amp i have atm is not powerful enough to get the best out of them and the amp is also cutting out. I was looking for a new amp and i came across these ds 18 amps which seem to have really good power output for a really cheap price, i was wondering if anyone has heard of the brand and if so are they good or not.

Thanks guys

josh

I have never heard of this company before. I went to their website and was surprised at the amount of products they have. I was actually intrigued by this amp: DS18 DS15K BEEMA Car Amplifier 150000W - ($798.85)RYDA Car Audio especially for the price. This isn't off their main website however.

Their subs definitely look like crap, that's for sure.

Edit: 6x9 Subwoofer? Wut. http://www.ds18sound.com/#!product/prd1/888913784/bd-6069su

After a bit of using Google, it looks like a knock of of Boss pretty much. Wouldn't bother with them. Sorry.

Look on ryda website and I think the peak and rms equal is a mistake because some amps said they don't have equal peak and rms and others have equal peak and rms, I think I might purchase one and I'll make a thread about how good they are, because a lot of people haven't heard of them before

At the moment I have a response 1000wrms mono block

Thanks guys

Josh

Sketchy

OK, so the manufacturer might be getting a little ahead of themselves. The DS18 range of amplifiers feature temperature and power display which is handy to really see what load your amplifier is under. On board 4Ga and 8Ga terminals are important and needed to keep the power up to this amplifier.

With an array of crossover and filters these amps will make it easy to tune in your system to your listening requirements while at the same time protecting your speakers.

Last but not least, we have not found a set of full range or component speakers so far that this amplifier will not drive with ease. Quite simply these amps are extreme value when it comes to bang for your buck.

Look on ryda website and I think the peak and rms equal is a mistake because some amps said they don't have equal peak and rms and others have equal peak and rms, I think I might purchase one and I'll make a thread about how good they are, because a lot of people haven't heard of them before
At the moment I have a response 1000wrms mono block

Thanks guys

Josh
just to let you know, there no legit 10k rms and over @ 1 ohm amps for under 1.2 grand new in any market not even with the Brazilians. There's a reason why we advise against sketchy deals that seem too good to be true... but i guess its your money, have fun. Hopefully you get a good 2 - 2.5k clean rms out of it by some miracle, but i don't see it happening seeing it has only one set of 4 gauge power and ground inputs.

In my honest opinion, these guys are worse then boss audio, at least boss uses peak watts as overly bloated power claims so you know its junk, meanwhile this company is lying through their teeth with extreme RMS claims fooling people to buy them by just adding the "RMS" into the equation/advertisement, along with idiotic holes in their story/description. Bloated numbers dont mean. Sh*t build quality, board, design and parts are a much more important part of how good an amp is, along with a decent reputation to back it up.

Thanks guys, I'll take my chances and as I said I'll make a thread on how it performs ect
Thanks again
After all of the warning signs, you still want to go for it? Its like having a 2" Pecker, and thinking a pack of trojan magnums will make it bigger....... Just give me the $700, and ill give you a 2000 watt amp. and ill be kind enough to tell you i am fucking you over to your face, unlike these theives

I won't be getting the $700 one

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I'll be getting either the 3000 or 4000 watt one

I won't be getting the $700 one 

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I'll be getting either the 3000 or 4000 watt one

Well if you'd be lucky to get 2-2.5k out of the 10k then you're probably going to be lucky getting 500-600 out of the 3-4k. And it's probably going to be terribly inefficient with a very high THD. Why even bother?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.