DSP recommendation

The software they showed at CES looks very basic and lacking. No independent channel EQ or Delay. Didn't say anything about the crossovers
6b1424de40a3739b243335e260984bdd.jpg

It shows it here. This is from Crutchfield. It's all mute anyways because I don't have 600-700 bucks for a dsp. The massive is probably where I would go. Or save up maybe, idk. The Helix does look very solid . I just like the choices. Would love more input from people that might have had a couple different ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

6b1424de40a3739b243335e260984bdd.jpg

It shows it here. This is from Crutchfield. It's all mute anyways because I don't have 600-700 bucks for a dsp. The massive is probably where I would go. Or save up maybe, idk. The Helix does look very solid . I just like the choices. Would love more input from people that might have had a couple different ones.

Audioncontrol interface doesnt look promising at all. Even a Basic b*tch soundstream harmony has a bit more options than that. i smell another kicker like company, riding on glory day names and not putting out real RND to distinguish themselves from the real DSP leaders. Or even hope to match them.

Thanks for that link. It helps alot. Have they ever updated there software from the initial release?
The download link for the software from massiveaudio.com leads to a version released in May of 2015. That's the version I have.

They are just now making a real DSP. How many years late?
Because the first few years they had issues. Its Just recently the dsps are up to par. If it was up to me i don't mind the older analog processors, tuning with a rta and analizing the output signals..

Just because its digital doesn't mean its better. Audiocontrol has always made great units

Digital is 10x more capable. That does make it better. Again, talking about a subject you know nothing about.
How is it 10x more capible?you can do anything analog that can be done digital. Ive built control panels with huge realy bases before the digital networks came along. Lol

You've done just about everything haven't you... All I've seen you do is break a China build house POS.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=control+panel+built+with+relays

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_logic_controller

the PLCs and completely programmable logic where as the older relay based units where circuit specific. the PLC is much more convenient but both have faults.

the signal is analog regardless. its typically a low voltage DC signal with a very low current (1mA-20mA) . i wouldn't say that the PLC is superior but it has some really cool advantages fact is the old relay based panels when serviced have a very low failure rate and of course no software/issues glitches.

you might actually enjoy the free program that allen bradley uses. its called RS logix by Rockwell software.

here is a free version..

Rockwell Automation MicroLogix Controller Downloads

Last edited by a moderator:
Sense?

Talking about the differences in electronics between analog and digital. Lol

Like for example writing a program for a ecm or processor except this specific program is designed for automation control processes.

If you are chasing the unicorn.. Yes
****. Haha. Need to save up some dough. Gonna be selling my DQDX. I'm also gonna sell my Diamond Audio D7056 that should give me enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.