Dynaudio System 360 or?

LCat

I'm building pretty bad system. Front 3 way will be ran by $4K worth and 6 channels of Zapco amps driven by Alpine H400 digital X-Over/Time correction units. I piked up set of Dyn 360s. Now I'n secondguessing myself - since Alpines will only do 18db xovers and 8" woffer is difiicult to feet in -

What other systems/combinations of drivers will work well with 18db slopes. $$ is not an object as long as it's under $2500 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well- besides providing $$ for it I also choosing equipment, integrating it together and tuning it. As far as cutting holes through my E55 desineo leather and snaiking wires - I'd rather let proffesionals do that. And if we go about beeing hands on - I soder my own x-overs, trace circuts and just build 12 DC power supply to test all the equipment. Now, I do not need to impress anybody, since like you've mentioned I have bunch of $$$$$ to spend on equipment - and judjing by your tone YOU care about how much I spend - apperently you care more then I do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)))))

And yes I have knoweleg of equipment -otherise I would not be here asking all the question and painfully choosing equipment - I would just write blank check to installer and tell hem - make it happend

Those slopes should be just fine.

The Zapco amps should have some processing built in too. Not sure what the slopes are on the amp x-overs though.

Don't the passives in the 360 system only use 2nd order slopes? I would think that they knew what they were doing in that regard when they designed the passive network. No need to think that the 3rd order slopes won't work.

Thought about swapping the H400s for something a bit newer and more capable like the H701?

Don't the passives in the 360 system only use 2nd order slopes? I would think that they knew what they were doing in that regard when they designed the passive network. No need to think that the 3rd order slopes won't work.
Thought about swapping the H400s for something a bit newer and more capable like the H701?
They use first and 2nd order slopes, and IME they work best. I havent found 18db slopes for phasing reasons to work well with Dyns when i used the Diamond D7/Esoteric audio Reference amplifiers. The midbasses themselves on that set can play full range if needed, but a nice robust 12db slope is great for up front bass integration. Tweeters like even order slopes, and the domes midranges like 1st order, like typical home crossover design.

So if you must go active, stay with even order slopes, its much easier to maintain phase coherency between the drivers.

The trick is to keep the drivers close(at the very least tweeter and midrange or midrange and midbass, heck i get great results with the passive that way..

any **** talkers in this thread will be banned.
i apologize. just my pet peeve when instead of just describing what you have people go "heres my xxxx thousand dollar this and xxxx thousand dollar that"

kudos to the OP though, hes got some nice stuff ill never be able to afford.

i apologize. just my pet peeve when instead of just describing what you have people go "heres my xxxx thousand dollar this and xxxx thousand dollar that"
kudos to the OP though, hes got some nice stuff ill never be able to afford.
he obviously knows about audio, if hes asking about slopes for a Dynaudio system 360.

don't be so dick to judge, he is buying great stuff he probably knows more then you about. So what if He wants a pro to help him install. A lot of the best sq guys out there reach out to some of the best installers for work done.

any body can build an ordinary mdf rectangle vented box for some RE woofer.

but a lot of people can not build a tuned SQ system.

and it is a lot of money is invested on quality.

he obviously knows about audio, if hes asking about slopes for a Dynaudio system 360.
don't be so dick to judge, he is buying great stuff he probably knows more then you about. So what if He wants a pro to help him install. A lot of the best sq guys out there reach out to some of the best installers for work done.

any body can build an ordinary mdf rectangle vented box for some RE woofer.

but a lot of people can not build a tuned SQ system.

and it is a lot of money is invested on quality.
point taken. i think when i made that original post it was like 4am and i was tired and cranky. i think i had read like 3 threads prior to that where guys bragging about all the money they spent on their system and were just trying to make their own **** hard. im just a very humble person and dont need to make myself feel better by saying how much money i spent on stuff. i pride myself in saying i got pretty decent equipment pretty cheap. i wish i had the cash to buy some dynaudios. since you deleted it i dont even remember exactly what i said. i dont think i questioned his knowledge on audio but whatever. alls good. and ive never claimed to be a genius, but i know enough. im more of a "play with it till it sounds good" kinda person haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.