Earthquake Amps any good?

the phd amps are ok

the tnt series are alright i guess but do about 1000 watts less than they say lol.

so there abot 150 bucks for a 2000 watt amp that does maybe 1000 watts on a good day

I was actually looking at buying an Earthquake last year sometime and did some research on them. The one you're looking at does not like 1ohm at all but should do rated power at 2ohm. A few competitors had some problems with some catching fire a while back also. There's some good info on termpro about them. I decided against them given the fact that you can find a better quality amp for around the same price tag. Hope this helps.

I remember they had some back then that were pretty much bullet proof. I believe those were made by Zed but not sure which series.
Earthquake was not made by Zed back then. By looking at the design and specs most would think so. I did back then too. But, when I mentioned to Steve Mantz on the phone that he designed the old Earthquakes, he set me straight. He said ES just copied his Zed amps. Not a good subject with Steve from what I gathered.

I don't know who made them, but those old early 90's Earthquakes were good amps. I have several and love them. They are very similar in performance to the old Hifonics amps from that era.

my friend had one and it was smoking, literally. We smelled something burning, looked in the trunk and amp had smoke on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.