ebay buyer ripping me off: need advice bad

they don't take it they place a hold on it.... if he refuses to take to post office ebay contacts post office for you(as that is a not on the buyer, but the shipper).... this all is not true neither, i mean if you let them they will do that but if you contact them, there are so many steps you can take to prevent all of that..... ebay cannot release funds until one, you give permission, it has escalated past claim and has had the 30 dy review and ebay decided to refund after return then you still get the 2dy - 5dys for dispute of returned package.... they have a whole seller protection program just like the buyers, not as in tune but still gets the job done, i've had over 35 disputes and several claims, packages destroyed, i've never lost a claim, dispute or anything of the nature with ebay... its all about how you use their system.....
You're right to a degree maybe it is just a hold but if you have no money in your PayPal account they put you in the negative so it's kind of like taking it I can do no further deals until this problem is resolved

Well i decided to give the guy a full refund. So i hope to god i get all my stuff back without anymore damage. And in going to fix the radio because i know how his installers brokevthevradio. Its a very simple fix

People are idiots that's why I would never sell anything other than brand new electronics to any ebayer, then you have documented proof that it was in new condition when sold. It may not happen all the time but I had something like that happen on a forum, guy just didn't know how to install his deck and accused me of selling him a broken unit, obviously if I worked at an audio shop I would know whether or not it worked lol. I had another guy buy an alpine amp from me at another shop I worked at, he brought it back and demanded a refund, I walked out to his car and found he had maybe 12ga wire at best installed, ground was just a piece of wire barely hanging on a bolt, and shorted speaker wires, well duh obviously it doesn't work. He tried to say that another shop told him the amp wouldn't work for his subs, obviously they should have looked at the install.

Electronics are the biggest scammed items on ebay though, tons of people out there that will exploit their lack of security for the seller. He might be sending you back his radio and changer that was already damaged. I would have personally told him to go pound sand, and said I would escalate it to a legal level if he tried to send me back equipment he clearly fried, that's fraud. I would also gladly not even care if they left a negative, I would never get run over by some ebay trying to pull a fast one just to save one feedback.

I always told any customer to bring the gear in and i'd do a bench test in store whilst they watch, just to cover the installers arse. majority (more than 60%) of items customers wanted fitted to there car was either, blown/wrong size/wrong voice coil config/ scratched ect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.