Eclipse 6.5 Components?

Epitaph to War
10+ year member

Georgia
There are a set of 6.5 components that Eclipse makes that I've been thinking about getting. I have a 10" and a 12" ALUM and I thought it would be nice to see how Eclipse sounds all the way around. The model of the set is SC8362... anyone heard them?

Aside from that, this is my other question...

I have a Pioneer Premier PRS-X220 which is underated at 30x2 RMS when in fact it does something like 60-70x2 RMS. Those Eclipse comps are 100RMS... should I get a different amp that could pump them a little more juice... or would they still sound good with the 60-70 going to them?!?! .....meaning that I can save my money!!! I've been told it's not always safe to push the full RMS limit to speakers but rather to stay in the "upper half range" of what they can handle.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers!!!

You will be very happy with them.... I have owned 3 eclipse decks, nearly every coax and point source speaker, and some alum subs... the blend will be most excellent, very smooth. But .... BIG but here... if you have poor amps and head unit those highs will let you know... Eclipse is all about being clean.

That's excellent!!! Thank you very much.

But will 60-70RMS be enough wattage??? Or are they power hungry and require more? They are rated at 100RMS... should I feed them wattage closer to that number, exactly that much, or more??

THX AGAIN

Originally posted by Epitaph to War That's excellent!!! Thank you very much.

But will 60-70RMS be enough wattage??? Or are they power hungry and require more? They are rated at 100RMS... should I feed them wattage closer to that number, exactly that much, or more??

THX AGAIN
Eclipse makes very nice stuff(have used their decks for nearly 10 years, and I have used their amps, sub, and coaxes as well). I would try to get the components more power if you can, but the bottom line is this...install them and see what you think. If you like the sound with the amp you have then don't worry about it(just don't crank the gains on your amp so you are clipping the signal which may not be such a good thing for your components).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.