Eclipse 8443 owners HELP!!!!

Spyder Z 15
10+ year member

6'8" pissed off giant
My CD player stopped playing CD's this morning. It was playing my P.O.D. Testify CD and all of a sudden it just stopped playing. I ejected the CD and put it back in and nothing. Pushed the random button and it was going through some weird ass high track #'s and then would eject the CD. The radio tuner works though, but I get crappy reception cause my antenna fell out onto the freeway months ago.

Help I need tunes. I sit in my car for 2.5-4 hours a day in traffic. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Hmm, maybe you just need to get a cd lens cleaner thing? That's the first thing I would try.....

Hope it's not busted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Take a paperclip and push the master reset button on the front of the unit. It is super small, hard to see, black in color. This will reset the microprocessor and may solve your problem. If the problem is still there after the reset, off to the service shop it goes.

i found it, but unfortunatly it didn't help. I called Eclipse and they're telling me since I'm not the original owner for them to fix it would cost me $167. :cry: I only paid $260 for it. No codes flashing or anything.

Is there a chance this could be car related cause the last deck in my car ( a jensen POS) did the same thing.

Edit- On another forum with someone who has the same deck and the same car it was brought to my attention that it might be the angle it's mounted cause it isn't using the stock mounting brackets on account of they aren't there and I don't have the $$$ yet. It's currently mounted to the radio bezel with the cage.

eclipse8443.jpg

The same thing happened top my CD 5443. I was very strange because it just stopped playing. I sent mine in to eclipse and they fixed it fast. Good service. I was the original owner and it was still under warranty so I got really lucky.

Good Luck

I played with the way it was sitting and it has been working for the past 2 days so far so good. I called Eclipse and since I'm not the original owner it would cost me $167 for them to open it and repair it. Ouch. I only paid $260 for it.

The angle can be a possibility, but I would look at your install. Did you bolt the rear of the cd deck with the supplied strap? Was the rear bolt used to support the rear of the deck. Most issues of skipping and cd failure are a result of poor installation. The HU may feel solid but slight vibrations can kill the deck over time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.