Eclipse 8445 vs Nak CD500

Participant count
  • Participant list

farshad
10+ year member

Dubai
Hello guys,

i sold my clarion dxz956mc to get a new HU, which one would be the better chioce for SQ? i've heard the eclipse in my car and the sq was great, took it out and put in a pioneer p880 but the pio disappointed me! it didn't matter how to tune it .. ta , eq , bbe , and all of the functions didn't help the 880 to sound as good as the eclipse! the 8445 was a much more natural sounding hu. so now my choice is between the 8445 and the nak ...

i had the cd8445, and i had a nak cd400.

i loved both.

obviously the cd8445 is going to have more features, the nak only has bass, mid, treble, fade, balance..basic stuff

but all in all both sounded great. the nak cd skips alot though with loud bass, its more strictly a SQ deck

i also have the pioneer 880 lol.

i love that as well. just takes some messing around with to get it to sound how you want.

which one will sound better?
That can only be ultimately decided by what you do with it. The Eclipse allows you far and beyond more control of your system.

The cd500 is a fine deck and plays mp3's, but its no CD700 where its such a killer player on its own that you can overlook usable features on the Eclipse as far as EQ, active xovers and t/a...as well as a nice, strong pre outs.

Naks are just generally poor as far as reliability goes, and having them serviced/warrantied is a joke here, not sure in your parts. The 8443 can be quirky as far as the knobs go, and its a discontinued deck. Eclipse's are also good for some noise floor 'hiss' in those models, on low-low volume levels you can hear it out of the tweets, not so much at higher volumes. But if you are listening to a recording with some backround hiss or a track that doesnt have much going but vocals, once you know its there it can annoy you....specially in a quiet cabin.

Both ran dead flat...is hard to say. Never a/b'd them in a close enough scenario to make such judgement. Albeit I found both decks to lay it on nice as pile on the volume in various systems I've used'm in and auditioned.

i noticed the eclipse was more quiet than the clarion and the clarity was great! do you think that the nak will be more queit than the eclipse?!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

today i demoed the nak cd500 and cd400 side by side on the board and found the cd500 has much more focused staging compared to the cd400 which had much wider staging! does the cd500 sound better?!

EDIT: tested again and both sounded the same!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.