Eclipse 8701 Line Source Components

The Midrange is a ribbon?
********************************************************************************************************

Yes indeed the midrange is a ribbon speaker.

I found this description of mounting the ribbons on an old for sale thread on another site....

"The rectangular-shaped enclosure is the midrange driver which houses the ribbon. These would mount under the dash (again, much like a horn-loaded compression driver would mount)."

FS: Eclipse Line Source 8701 Three-Way Component Speaker System - E46Fanatics

And for okiedokie, there was a photo as well.....

attachment.php

I found this description of mounting the ribbons on an old for sale thread on another site....
"The rectangular-shaped enclosure is the midrange driver which houses the ribbon. These would mount under the dash (again, much like a horn-loaded compression driver would mount)."

FS: Eclipse Line Source 8701 Three-Way Component Speaker System - E46Fanatics

And for okiedokie, there was a photo as well.....

attachment.php
************************************************************************************************************************

I suspected they had to be mount under dash. Damm. I don't have the room under my dash.

Did you end up buying this set off of ebay a short while ago? I remember seeing a new set on there a while back, and the auction was ended early. Good find, these are super rare.

Did you end up buying this set off of ebay a short while ago? I remember seeing a new set on there a while back, and the auction was ended early. Good find, these are super rare.
****************************************************************************************************************************

I just bought them from a dealer. I am probably going to sell as midrange ribbons are going to be a problem for my install.

**** they look sexy.Have you Hooked them up yet to hear how they sound?
****************************************************************************************************************************

No they are new still in the box. The midrange ribbons are to large to mount under my dash.

****************************************************************************************************************************No they are new still in the box. The midrange ribbons are to large to mount under my dash.
Pm me a price on them. I might be interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.