Eclipse CD-5415 anyone have a manual?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lurius
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Anyone know how to get to the menu and turn on/off internal amp? I switched my head unit from one car to another and now the head unit powers up but no audio output.. The speakers are wired directly to speaker outs on the head unit, but no audio is being played from the speakers.. I thought maybe internal amps are turned off.. but I cant find a manual anywhere online, not even eclipse's site.

Anyone know this deck?

Thanks,

Lurius

There is no way to turn off the internal amplifier on this cd player. It sounds like you have a bad speaker or you have a speaker wire going to ground. This will put the amplifier into protection and no sound but will still power up. Disconnect all speaker wires and reconnect one at a time.

There is no way to turn off the internal amplifier on this cd player. It sounds like you have a bad speaker or you have a speaker wire going to ground. This will put the amplifier into protection and no sound but will still power up. Disconnect all speaker wires and reconnect one at a time.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.. I'll have to try this.. if it doesnt do the trick is the only other possibility bad head unit? It worked before, but sat for 4-5 months in a car, in texas, in the heat.. I know they are built to handle heat, especially being internally amplified, but hell, never know when a flaw messes something up..

-Lurius

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.