Electrical issue.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Airman21
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
Finished my install and went for a drive. Everything was great at low volume. One I hit about half volume all my lights on the instrument panel lit up and my gauges went crazy. It all went back to normal but the battery light stayed on. Once I got home I turned it off. Checked my connections and belt. Everything was good so I started it again and the battery light was off.

I have plenty of battery power but haven't gotten around to installing the h/o alternator yet. Could this just be from overworking the alt? I have a Duracell battery under the hood and 2 xs power 3100's in the back.

Do you think it's the alt? Would replacing the alt eliminate this problem. Thing sounded great for the 5 minutes I could listen to it lol

Shop installed a lot of it. I had Cherryman build the box.

So you think the ho alt and big 3 should fix the problem?

No just stock alt and no big 3.

I have an agm Duracell under the hood and 2 xs power 3100's in the rear.

I'm surprised the shop didn't mention doing the big 3 to ya. Once that gets done, see if the problem goes away....and you'll increase output too.

I will try to get the alt and big 3 done this weekend. I'll update with the results. Might help someone else in the future.

Update.... H/O Alt installed. While doing that we noticed the battery terminals were too long which wasn't giving a good connection. No issues now with voltage.

New problem today... The front right and rear right speakers stopped working. Not sure what it could be. I was thinking Rca's but it would have to be the right side of both rca sets for that to be the case correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Airman21

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Airman21
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date