Expectations too high or is there something wrong?

Participant count
  • Participant list

boddy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I originally had a cheap tevion h/d, stock speakers, an ED7400 amp and ED7400 sub. The bass was good but everywhere else was stupidly poor.

So i went out and brought some ED306 component speakers, they where defiantly an improvement in quality but sounded underpowered and quieter than the stock speakers.

I ordered a vibe CBR12 sub and used the edge amp to power my components. It was an improvement but no where near what i was expecting, going from 20w to 80w rms and there wasn't an amazing difference.

My headunit then started play up and broke, so i brought a JVC KD-R301 and at the same time my CBR12 came, connected everything up and there was a definite improvement but again nothing like i expected. I've gone from 340w to 710w rms and there isnt an amazing difference.

I also tryed some old 6x9's connected to my headunit a few days ago and they sounded better than my amped components?

Im thinking my car isn't damped enough or my battery ground is poor.

Oh ok thanks this will have to do for now then haha, gonna mount my 6x9's in the rear of my door cards should help it fill out a bit more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.