Facing Up, Or Forward?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just a quick question for people who had ever seen, tried a subwoofer box in the back seat of a car , my box is perfecxt for recommend size and its sealed. They are facing up the moment the faced and wanted too see recommendations forward would be better. Running 2 ds18 15 inch
32130429_10216711078072646_1149016924068249600_n.jpg

why would u put it in back seat? u would have to seal car off from the trunk for it to work well.. 2 12's firing rear in truck be louder..

Backseat bass ftw!! Seriously, put them in the trunk.

I might add too that buying a prefab enclosure that's sealed is a mistake. Chances are your not gonna like the sound it's gonna produce.

There is an easy way to test it. If they are facing up atm, turn them on the side facing forward, if you like it better leave it, if not change it. I do agree that in the trunk>backseat.
Gonna add a bit to this comment. Just orientate the sub enclosure to figure out which best sounds to ya.

This forum hates anything prefab, add on top the hatred for sealed boxes... It has always been this way.

Anyways, as far as that box is concerned, if it's close to recommended size the Atrend Bbox isn't half bad. Dado joints, mitered edges with a 1" face and 3/4 for the rest. I've owned a couple and haven't had any issues. The mdf isn't as solid as a typical sheet from the home improvement store but it's still sufficient and better than most budget prefab specials.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ogDavieBasshead

ogDavieBasshead
Englewood Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Sleeklsc