Feeler: 1st gen Orion 250 HCCA; 200 CRX crossover; 400 BDG bridging module

Participant count
  • Participant list

CrimsonNCream

Item(s) for Sale:

Just trying to get an idea whether I should sell this or not and get an idea how much it may be worth. I haven't seen hardly any 1st gen 250s FS in the recent past and I haven't looked too hard but definitely have not seen any FS with both the bridging module and crossover module. One 200 CRX on EBay and it's been relisted for $115 but that obviously doesn't mean it won't sell for $115, it just takes the one person that needs it since these are so rarely up FS on there nowadays.

Anyhow... Just trying to feel out how much interest there would be in this set. I know both channels work on the amp but it's not installed so I guess I can't guarantee everything works perfectly - though it all did about 3 years ago when I sold my sub and stopped using the amp so I think it's very very likely everything still functions 100%. It may behoove me to figure out a way to get the whole setup tested but I wanted to see what kind of interest there would be in me selling it with the current set of facts.

The 200 CRX and 400 BDG both have moderate scratching on the casings but cosmetically the amp is actually in very good condition (though not mint). Will post pics if there is enough interest. Mostly looking for PayPal. I know the info on the operability of the amp is somewhat uncertain but I couldn't find enough info to have any clue what step to take with these. I'm just trying to gauge interest so I know what step to take next.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

The issue being that COLLECTORS want something new in box condition. You're basically competing in price against modern amps that'll do the same power.

I'd definitely get some video of it working BEFORE you sell it. A 25 year old amp is likely to fail any minute (some parts do wear out or go bad).

Don't get me wrong, I paid over 700$ for one back in the day and didn't regret a minute of it. IMO if you got 25 years out of it you did well. out of it Get video of it working, start bidding on eBay at 1$ and let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think $350 in unproven working order is fair.

Luckily I found a place that will both do simple tests to see if it's all in working order and will bench test it, too, to see how it's performing - which should give me an idea if it may need any repairs.

If anyone else has any thoughts feel free to post them. The more opinions/thoughts I can get the more things I can consider. I'm OCD about logically reasoning things out with pros and cons before making decisions.

I've now had it tested at a very well respected shop and both channels work and play music. I had them document this on the receipt paperwork. I'm going to put it up FS soon.

I did get videos of it working too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.