Fiberglass Armrest

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wragold
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Awhile back there was a thread where some one made and fiberglass armrest/center consol. Does anyone know who made it or where the thread is? I searched for everything I could think of and cant find any thing. My stock armrest has be broken for awhile now and i've decided its time to fix it. Any tips on starting this project? Im in research mode so and help will be considered.

use your old arm rest as a mold.

Line the inside with mold release wax, then line it with a fiberglass resin/hardener mix, then put fleece or latex on it. After it dries, take it out, and you have your mold. soak the fiberglass mat with resign/hardener and layer it on your mold. sand when finished and cover with vinyl or paint.

Thank You for the how to fiberglass tips, but ive got that part already. More or less where should I start on the skeleton frame for the fleece to stretch onto. Oh and im changing the design of the center consol its very how do I put it... its very, 1990ish.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.