Fire in the hole! ( amp caught fire, popped, much smoke, el-stiiinko, still turning

Harleyjones312

mustard and biscuits
Well I finally got around to adding the "big three" or upgrading them on my gfs nissan late last night. I recently installed an old cda 7893, some papers, subs, amp, batt,blah blah. Tuned everything to my abilities and ran a few tests and then rechecked my work and left it alone till today. After reinstalling the main power 100amp fuse @ the batt upon completion of installing new grounds, I also re terminated 0ga ground at amp and also tidied up some wires . Again, rechecked everything two or three times (at least) to make SURE 12v, g, remote, and subs , and fans all 100% before I shoot fire to everything . Started car, fine, checked under hood, fine, closed hood and jumped.in cockey.and confident about how **** smart and talented I am, not to mention thorough to a level of mental disorder. Pushed "power" and lights, camera, POP, FLASH,SMOKE,FLASH, HALF A.POP,I see a.little flash fire coming from the rather large,ab, old ***, but forwver faithful PA TT 2.600 (family member) im running around screaming like my.hair was on fire and.my *** was catching, hollering about 911 and all the while my brain is waiting for.the protect light to at least salvage the car as my ******* carried on. FINALLY I got my witts enough to "kill ign" and instantly.noticed I was alone and could.not,immediately anyway, blame this no doubt tragic loss on lesser,un suspecting, as well as 100% innocent bistander to begin healing my massive ego. After all but removing fuel tank and again, tripple checking everything, I found NOTHING WRONG ANYWHERE. The car stinks like a daycare burn barrel so I removed the back of my way over valued, ( by me) semi famous, and no doubt, critically ill amp to find more stinch and some.pretty severe signs of a house fire. The first and second power transisters or fets or three legged electroniky, sparky things had a.couple burns.into the board in betwixed a couple legs. Done fo,.for sure as per.my luck right? No popped fuses, no external foul up so far, and im beside my self. I finally go.against every fiber and decide to go for 4th of.july in my.gfs now hated versa,.or.id have some boom boom, but I.was sure "nothing was out of.the ?" I go.ahead and recruit my unsuspecting, nieve, 23yr old hottie gf (I am a sack of ****) to "man" the ign and in case of catastrophic, tragic, unthinkable things happen, I.now have a lightning fast, genious with.**** ( how contradictory!) to not only.initiate our well thought out.and rehearsed, and re-rehearsed mission abort plan, but.I.also have my.scapegoat supporting,egobosting out I need. Carefully turn everything on ever so gently. I turned the input signal.to less than 1v if that matters. Nervously.expecting AT LEAST the dreaded "protect" light and maybe more of the previous antics. To my amazement, nothing but sound and green lights and Buck Ownes, "made in japan" filled the air. Now im grinning like a jackass with a mouth full of yellow jackets! Rolled it on up and stretched him on out, dialed input back to +4, made sure my bass boost was on "eleven" for pure audiophilatio, (not) and twenty minutes and five Buck Owens legendary tunes later, NOTHING happened. I no doubt, physical damage to the amp, and no clue as to what happened or what I may be in store for. If anyone of you or all that read my self serving rambling and can still stand me enough.to.offer a theory or two, I would be in.debt. Im sorry about the length and punctuation and all. I have a knack (or disorder) for wasting air and bytes I suppose. I will adjust accordingly to the amount.of.douchery thrown my way. I cant lose any friends over it though cause I.dont have any yet and I can imagine my ca.com brothers are eagerly awaiting my "request" to.either accept or tell.me.to.F O. Either way, I will always continually attempt to improve or change myself totry to "fit in" or be everyones.favorite **** ***. Actually im unfortunately set inI my ways after 47 yrs of.getting it.wrong and being the funniest loser in the room. Thanks.in.advance for.your replies, if any, and be happy today for no dang reason and see if you cant make.someone else a little happier on your way. Im out.....

Throw away that PA amp and buy something that won't catch your car on fire. 100A fusing is way too much for an amp that likely won't make 500W, certainly not enough to prevent damage to the amp, possibly not even enough to be safe.

If you insist on using that amp, don't leave anything important in that vehicle and make sure your insurance covers fire that you caused by putting in cheap Chinese junk audio equipment.

Right on Fluffer. Your worried about my structuring and you called me a "motherfucker"? Im.gonna let.that one go and assume you are a child or you.think I am. I dont mind criticism or even an insult.or two from folks that.can recive the same without acting a fool and get keyboard ******. Ive been called a motherfucker before, but not.out of.nowhere by someone who.has no.idea about me. Do you want to.keep this.up, or was that.it? Im good if you are and ill.try.to.figure out how to write.in paragraphs. The period thing.bothers me more than that but it is what it is or what it soon shall be. Come on

WTF is bathsalt? Do.tend to run on and get animated but that somehow means im doing something with "bath salt" and.my.usa made ab old school amp is junk and my lack.of.paraphrasing deams me a "motherfucker" ? Not what I expected but **** it, let's go .

WTF is bathsalt? Do.tend to run on and get animated but that somehow means im doing something with "bath salt" and.my.usa made ab old school amp is junk and my lack.of.paraphrasing deams me a "motherfucker" ? Not what I expected but **** it, let's go .

Bath Salts are a good time.

I thought PA was Power Acoustik on the amp. If that's the case they were always Chinese made and junk. If PA = Planet Audio from back when they were Zed made, it's probably worth a repair (send it to Stephen for a tuneup) and still if smoke/flame came out of it, it is very unsafe. Best case scenario whatever broke can be fixed easily now and when it breaks/burns the rest of the way the board gets scorched or some other larger failure happens making it no longer salvageable.

Goddam....who thefuck has time to read all that unnecessary babbling ********??!!

He's worried about being called motherfucker?! lol He wont last long on this forum.

For sure aint worried about motherfuckers and I dont "babble" if you dont have time, to read my sad ,long attempt at humor, bounce the **** on outta my ****. I am not going to get mad or quit being a member because of some names. I ALREADY SAID im cool with whatever is said as long as it can be a two way street and no hard feelings. Ive been through more REAL **** than most. Skin is thick. You cant fade me with your keyboard. I already knew the.snakes well before I ever posted. Out

Right on Fluffer. Your worried about my structuring and you called me a "motherfucker"? Im.gonna let.that one go and assume you are a child or you.think I am. I dont mind criticism or even an insult.or two from folks that.can recive the same without acting a fool and get keyboard ******. Ive been called a motherfucker before, but not.out of.nowhere by someone who.has no.idea about me. Do you want to.keep this.up, or was that.it? Im good if you are and ill.try.to.figure out how to write.in paragraphs. The period thing.bothers me more than that but it is what it is or what it soon shall be. Come on
He was using a Samuel Jackson movie reference bro. Dont get bent out of shape. Most of the things we say are very light hearted and non offensive. Just a lot of newbies take things up the @ss for no reason, dont be like them.

Still That amp is a fire hazard. The new school korean made class A/Bs are every bit as good, if not better than the old school US made stuff. Definitely will have more clean power for head room considering how much technology has advanced.

For sure aint worried about motherfuckers and I dont "babble" if you dont have time, to read my sad ,long attempt at humor, bounce the **** on outta my ****. I am not going to get mad or quit being a member because of some names. I ALREADY SAID im cool with whatever is said as long as it can be a two way street and no hard feelings. Ive been through more REAL **** than most. Skin is thick. You cant fade me with your keyboard. I already knew the.snakes well before I ever posted. Out
hey mothertrucker, you seemed a little offended by motherfucker, even said in your posts a few up.

YOU many not see it as babbling. I MYSELF do. And maybe a few others as well. Nobody here goes in great depth/detail and rambling at the mouth as to what went wrong. A sentence or two of describing what happened to your amp should have been good enough. Then some of us can diagnose the problem and try to figure out what happened.

He was using a Samuel Jackson movie reference bro. Dont get bent out of shape. Most of the things we say are very light hearted and non offensive. Just a lot of newbies take things up the @ss for no reason, dont be like them.
Still That amp is a fire hazard. The new school korean made class A/Bs are every bit as good, if not better than the old school US made stuff. Definitely will have more clean power for head room considering how much technology has advanced.

Plus, being a motherfucker isn't that bad. I've fucked mothers. Usually enjoyed it.

Im honestly not offended or pissed. I also steal from.sj from time to time and talking **** is a stress reliever and good fun if all are on the same.page. I.Know I get long winded and off subject etc... I am enjoying being a "newby" (hecking A) . I will get.it all dialed in in time . I still dont know how to use most of.the forum. What is.the "quote" feature ? I want to post pics of all my crappie amps and subs etc... How? Where? And lastly, I have meant no or very.little.offense and have taken none . Yall think im all wound up. I am a motherfucker and the ONLY thing that would truly make.me mad would be a neg remark about one of.my boys. No one would do that so dont assume im driving over any **** comments about me or my gear. I honestly laugh out.loud at some.of.the.comments and.assume.mine get the same. Enjoying.the.hell.out.of.this site.and.have.learned more.In two months than the past few decades. Later

I got a new phone and I am having hell with.the.keys. Im not sure why the periods after every **** word as if I am double spacing . Also it.is leaving the letter "i" just as often but if I didnt back those out, it would be more of a cluster fornication . I need to dig it out SOON before I actually do get twisted up over the anxietyI of taking like 15 mins for.this message. Have a good one, im out!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.