First sytem install complete

NitroDuck
10+ year member

20 inches, Nothin less
It took me 12 hours from start to finish. I had to figure out how to take out my back seats to remove the panels. It wasnt hard but there were screw that you couldnt see and would make you wonder why the panel isnt coming out.

For those of you that dont know, the rear 6 x 9s in the stealth have ports and the magnet was hitting the port so i had to use my dremel and chop a bit off. I also had to make custom door bracket for my 6.5s because the stock front speakers ar 6.75. I made them out of plastic sheet that i found laying outside. Works well.

The head unit was a fairly easy install except for the fact that the dash kit that i got (scoche(sp?)) ***** and doesnt fit flush and looks really crappy.

All in all i really like the look of the HU and its got lots of features. The speakers sound great and provide good bass. Im loving the remote control too.

Hey, has fedex teamed up with Rider. My box got delivered in a big yellow truck and i got confused until the guy handed my a big box.

Here is what my sytem consist of

10643.JPG

12 hours to install those? .....wait until you gotta install your amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Are you just gonna keep those speakers running off the HU or will you eventually buy an amp for them? Makes a big difference!

12 hours to install those? .....wait until you gotta install your amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Are you just gonna keep those speakers running off the HU or will you eventually buy an amp for them? Makes a big difference!
Well it only took 12 hours because i didnt know how to take out my back seat or the side panels,i had to make my own speaker brackets, and cut down port tubes...thats alot to do on the spot for a first time installer. Right now i could take all my seats out and all my panels in a half hour because i know my car now and where all the screws are.

I plan on buying 2 profile amps. 1 to power front/rear and the other to power my sub(s).

Right now i could take all my seats out and all my panels in a half hour because i know my car now and where all the screws are.
that is the magic of doing things yourself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif nice setup.

Thanks...how can I tell if i have the new 6v HU. It was advertised on ebay as the new 6v unit.

And for all you nosey people i paid 314 shipped for the package brand new.

no rms in the chart at the end of the english segment? i guess that's your answer: it's the NEW 6.5V MODEL! you lucky bastard!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the output voltage affects the gain(input sensitivity) setting on the amp. you adjust the amp to match/compensate for your ouput voltage on the H/U.

the output voltage affects the gain(input sensitivity) setting on the amp. you adjust the amp to match/compensate for your ouput voltage on the H/U.

Alright so the gain wouldnt have to be up as loud as with a 14.4 output HU? Thanks Sony Man

how do u like the 750 ? EQ good .. ?? and def. what about the looks..??

i am thinking of buying the premier 550.. its 171.00 - if not i might just spend the whole lot of money i sold my amp for and buy a 9815..

i just cant decide

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NitroDuck

10+ year member
20 inches, Nothin less
NitroDuck
Mansfield, MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date