get loud for cheap / ghetto blaster burb

as for the side wall flex - i was curious about this yesterday - so i got inside and put my back against the baffle wall - and tried pressing my feet against the plywood wall on the pasanger side of the truck. i kno i can do 400+ pound squat thrusts so i figured if i cant flex this wall with my legs then the subs probably wont either.

im confident that its sturdy. what you dont see behind the plywood - was 2x4 bracing pieces that i added in the spot where my window goes before i put on my first layer. since i was testing flex - i figured id put my feet on the roof - and try and flex that to see if it had any give also... again - its just as solid as can be. there is so much wood in my roof - and tubes of locktite pl adhesive applied in the roof its not going to move anywehre. id be suprised if i even needed a stripper pole vertical because its just so solid....

aparently im not the greatest at bondo

my belt sander ran over my left hand - and pinched / pulled the skin up in the back side as it was going a little... was sanding wood at the time

not so fun actually

just a few little 45deg. angle pieces left to finish off - then run final bead caulk to seal it real good - and bondo / sand / bondo / sand / bondo and sand

then paint and install the gear again... should be playing in less than 14 days

all subs are in - wired up my amps = one of my 4 chans ( mb quart discus 4125 ) decided to start a fireworks show inside its heat sink //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

still have a good one tho to power my front doors and active super tweeters... tossed in a old schooler rf punch 400a4 to power my midbassers.

still no headunit

still a crappy crossover

tried using a line driver but it introduced ugly ground noise to the system... so not using that

still

it plays

and sound pretty rad... its loud also. like silly loud - draws a croud whenever turned up ( gain knob for ddm3a has clipping indicator ) so i kno how far i can turn up before playing dirty signal is pretty nice feature actually.

and

dang its loud. its just brutal to sit in - plays the range pretty good - and digs nice and low.

now i just gota do the finishing touches

buy a headunit - I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HEADUNIT TO GET ! please recomend me a good single din with good pre out voltage rca

id buy the pioneer 80prs but the only thing selling it to me right now is the 5v pre out rca.

wow i havent updated this in a while... newest trend - bass is shaking everything apart in my burb. its brutal.

had to take my door pannel off today ( driver door ) and fish all the hardware that shook loose and fell inside the door ( rattling around in there ) but some of the bolts and screws were holding my window regulator motor in place shook off from bass causing my driver window to stop functioning.

ummm mmmmmm uuuuuhhhhhhhh

ok burnt up a mb quart discus 4125 refurb 4 chan. sad that amp was nice. still have one more. old school rockford punch 400a4 is in blown amps place.

ddm3a is getting swapped for atomic 5k - when i have time to install it - and buy some more 1/0 wire for a second run ( dual imputs )

pioneer 80 prs is going in and crappy old crossover is getting out - when i have time to install it - im so busy at work

more zebra sticker getting applied

ummmmmmmmm

twenty six 6.5" speakers are ordered for my doors... that should be fun ( not realley )

pictures in a min

Dude I was reading page 1 and then I skipped to the last page and I am SHOCKED at how good this is coming out!!!!

Get some freakin zebra interior for the front and you'll be all set :p

So this build started out "on the cheap".... how much money do you have tied up into it now? Seems like the whole thing took on a life of it's own.

Anyway, great work, it's always nice to see people get carried away.

it started getting out of hand when mylows10 convinced me i needed a $650 alternator

from then on it was just like.... out of hand. lol

BUT

i do have extra gear left over that i should try and sell.

ddm2a - $350

once i swap in the atomic 5k i should sell the ddm3a in there now - $575

have the pair of re sx 18s in their boxes to sell $350

so i can recoup some of the $ spent around 1200 ish i hope probly a little less everyone wants to low ball haha

but letts tally up for fun and to make me sad at the same time...

$380 pioneer 80prs headunit

$650 singer hairpin 320 alt

$675 atomic 5k sub amp

$980 six stereo integrity ht 18s d2

$110 50ft 1/0 royal exelence

$130 30ft 4 guage + 30 ft 1/0 royal exelence

$30 fuze blocks and fuzes

$220 pair of mb quart discus 4125 ( one burnt up im sad )

$45 single selenium 8w4p ( santa brought me the other one )

$20 pair of selenium st200 super tweeters

and

santa brought me both pairs of 6.5 in my front doors

a buddy gave me the pair of crappy peavey black widow 12s in my center

i bought the crappy cadence qxr7 crossover from LAcrx like 5 years ago so that doesnt count $ for this build.

had tons of rca and misc jargon laying around that also doesnt count twards $ in this build.

as well as a few home depo gift cards that bought wood and locktite pl adhesive to build the thing...

so i guess the raw gear cost me 3240 - wich is funny as the truck it self cost me 2300 lol

so now on to the wood... i dont even remember because i used lotts of scrap from my shop ( had tons of it

but i know for a fact the roof got 5 sheets of 1/4" applied and 2 sheets of 7 mili between the roof ribs - and i used over a case of locktite pl adhesive in this build...

id take a guess at 12 sheets of 3/4" plywood was needed to do the job ? whatever im not concerned with that cost twards the build

but its good to state for anyone else thinking they will just whip out a wall real quick and cheap in their viechle... yeah no it costs $$$ to wall big

Dude I was reading page 1 and then I skipped to the last page and I am SHOCKED at how good this is coming out!!!!
Get some freakin zebra interior for the front and you'll be all set :p
im convincing my work we need a heavy duty sewing machine for me to make us slip covers for our furnature when we truck them to a show - we use blanket pads wich ****. i need to make custom slip covers to protect everything... . + once i have a good sewing machine at my shop - you know im going to re do my interior in something crazy. the zebra was like eh at first - but its realley growing on me....

i guess i am realley ghetto

:/

i also have this crazy issue with power wire... positive has to be run in red - and negative has to be run in black. im so ocd about that

but

you can never get confuzed wich wire is + or - that way also , and any iddiot at a shop can easily see what needs to be un hooked for ground.

im convincing my work we need a heavy duty sewing machine for me to make us slip covers for our furnature when we truck them to a show - we use blanket pads wich ****. i need to make custom slip covers to protect everything... . + once i have a good sewing machine at my shop - you know im going to re do my interior in something crazy. the zebra was like eh at first - but its realley growing on me.... i guess i am realley ghetto

:/

i also have this crazy issue with power wire... positive has to be run in red - and negative has to be run in black. im so ocd about that

but

you can never get confuzed wich wire is + or - that way also , and any iddiot at a shop can easily see what needs to be un hooked for ground.
I'm a fan of the zebra stuff! I used to be against that sort of stuff like I thought it was too flashy or ghetto but it's grown on me too... I mean **** we're building sound systems that can shake buildings... that's about as flashy as it gets lol.

I'm like that for wire too, until I run out of red wire :p then I'm like whatever and I use black wire and put some red tape on it lol.

I plan on walling in the next couple months or so... you've inspired me to make some crazy ****!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.