Getting a better system, need some opinions.

How come no1 said Hifonics? I've seen a lot of this pushin subs on YouTube.
Hifonics are pretty popular amongst high schoolers, but they're not really great amps. They'd be better quality than the Audiopipe(by that, I mean they'd sound slightly better), but they have more than one line of amps and most of the newer lines don't do their rated output. For what you're looking for, strictly SPL with no regard to sound quality, Audiopipe is your absolute best bet. You can get one for ~$120, and there isn't a single other amp priced similarly that will give you the power you need.

Can the one audioque sub withstand 1500w @1ohm? And I can wire the sub to 1ohm also to match it right?
You could get the D1 and wire it to 2 ohms, giving it ~1kW, its RMS, and then if you eventually want to get another one, you could get another D1 and wire them both at 1 ohm. But if you want a D2(I don't really recommend this in case you are planning on ever adding another one of these, because then you can't wire them to 1 ohm. You'd have to either get an amp that's pushing 1.5.kW+ at 2 ohms, which will cost you waaaaay more money than I think you're wanting to spend, or wire them to .5 ohms, which will almost always void the warranty on an amp, and is also often dangerous.

Hifonics are pretty popular amongst high schoolers, but they're not really great amps. They'd be better quality than the Audiopipe(by that, I mean they'd sound slightly better), but they have more than one line of amps and most of the newer lines don't do their rated output. For what you're looking for, strictly SPL with no regard to sound quality, Audiopipe is your absolute best bet. You can get one for ~$120, and there isn't a single other amp priced similarly that will give you the power you need.

You could get the D1 and wire it to 2 ohms, giving it ~1kW, its RMS, and then if you eventually want to get another one, you could get another D1 and wire them both at 1 ohm. But if you want a D2(I don't really recommend this in case you are planning on ever adding another one of these, because then you can't wire them to 1 ohm. You'd have to either get an amp that's pushing 1.5.kW+ at 2 ohms, which will cost you waaaaay more money than I think you're wanting to spend, or wire them to .5 ohms, which will almost always void the warranty on an amp, and is also often dangerous.
Alright so I'll get the d1 and run it's rms at 1000W. Can I run on stock electrical? What gauge wire do I need to run the power you think?

Alright so I'll get the d1 and run it's rms at 1000W. Can I run on stock electrical? What gauge wire do I need to run the power you think?
What kind of vehicle do you have(Make, model, engine size)? And what kind of power wire do you have right now? You should probably be good with 4 gauge, as long as it's good quality OFC.

What kind of vehicle do you have(Make, model, engine size)? And what kind of power wire do you have right now? You should probably be good with 4 gauge, as long as it's good quality OFC.
99 ford mustang. Has a pretty new battery in it. I bet I have around a 4gauge but I'll make sure in a minute. Not sure if it's good quality or not tho lol. Just a thick wire with copper in it :p

Alright, it looks like your alternator is rated at 130A. That seems fine. After you check your wire, let me know everything that's written on the outside jacket. Assuming it's decent wire, you should be fine.

Alright, it looks like your alternator is rated at 130A. That seems fine. After you check your wire, let me know everything that's written on the outside jacket. Assuming it's decent wire, you should be fine.
Alright sweet thanks.

So the next is a box. Should I pay someone 5$ to make me the plans and then make the box myself, is it that hard with directions basically? My dad is decent with making boxes and measurements so he could help me. What's your opinion?

[quote name='Quick']Alright sweet thanks.

So the next is a box. Should I pay someone 5$ to make me the plans and then make the box myself, is it that hard with directions basically? My dad is decent with making boxes and measurements so he could help me. What's your opinion?[/QUOTE]

The most important thing is knowing if you have the tools. Are you going to be able to cut the circular holes out of the wood for the sub? Do you have clamps to keep the wood together while putting the pieces together? If you have the tools, and your dad has the know-how, you should be fine with any design someone on here gives you. Maybe mention to them that you aren't interested in kerfed ports or anything overly complex to make.

And I do suggest getting a design on here. @Buck, @RAM_Designs, @Moble Enclosurs, @pro\-rabbit, all of them are vendors, and can most likely get you a design ptetty quickly.

[quote name='MisterDeadeye']The most important thing is knowing if you have the tools. Are you going to be able to cut the circular holes out of the wood for the sub? Do you have clamps to keep the wood together while putting the pieces together? If you have the tools, and your dad has the know-how, you should be fine with any design someone on here gives you. Maybe mention to them that you aren't interested in kerfed ports or anything overly complex to make.

And I do suggest getting a design on here. @Buck, @RAM_Designs, @Moble Enclosurs, @pro\-rabbit, all of them are vendors, and can most likely get you a design ptetty quickly.[/QUOTE]

My dad owns a A/C business so he has a shop and all sorts of tools. So I feel like he has the stuff to help it get done. I've been emailing buck but he is pretty slow emailing back. Thanks for all the help man I'll be buying the amp and sub in the next day or two :)

My dad owns a A/C business so he has a shop and all sorts of tools. So I feel like he has the stuff to help it get done. I've been emailing buck but he is pretty slow emailing back. Thanks for all the help man I'll be buying the amp and sub in the next day or two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah, I'm sure you should expect a bit of a wait from any one of these guys. They're all very busy with getting/fulfilling requests, and I know that at least a couple of them also have to run businesses, build boxes, pay their employees, etc.

I just ordered the sub and the amp. I keep seeing people say that it takes 1kw but wants more. I ordered the D1, can I put the 1500W from the audiopipe onto it after it's broke it? I saw a video the kid is flexing his whole car almost with one of these subs, and a 1200W @1ohm. Is there much of a difference between 1000W @ 2 ohms and 1200W @ 1ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.