Getting a kicker zx2500.1 what would i need electrical wise to run it?

crfrider
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Oklahoma
a yes i will be getting a ZX2500.1 kicker and my electrical consist of a stock Chevy Silverado altenator, a stock battery, big 3 done in 4 gauge, and power wire run to the back in 4 gauge, thats all, now im sure these amps are power hungry which i heard, what do you think i will need to do to get the power out of it? I figured for sure upgrade the wire to 1/0 gauge and along with big 3 in 1/0, but do you think i could get away with keeping the 4 gauge and stock battery, altenator, or would that be a bad idea to run one with that? could it mess the amp up? also I do have a Marine Battery from my old company that is a deep cycle, i was thinking if i upgraded my wire to all 0 gauge and also had that battery in the back, if it would be fine, with the stock altenator, well at least till i can get a big H/O altenator? i also have a kicker 2 channel amp to run? what do you guys think thanks

you could get by with a stock alternator but for starters everything in 0 gauge,then upgrade your front battery to a deka,nsb 75 or kinetic 2000,next 2 group 31 batteries in the back.you should get by with this.For the record silverado and tahoes are either stock 110 or 145 amp alternators!

All 0ga, Biggest batt you can fit upfront, biggest batt you can fit in back, and a H/O alt would just top it off but stock for now should be fine considering it is a GM.

i absoluteley beg u to go with an orion hcca-25001, garrenty u that u will be a lot happier by how much more u get from this than that kicker amp.HCCA ALL DAY!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i absoluteley beg u to go with an orion hcca-25001, garrenty u that u will be a lot happier by how much more u get from this than that kicker amp.HCCA ALL DAY!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I would run the kicker 2500.1 over the new orion's anyday.

The older 2500D's were nice. I guarantee you will be more then satisfied.

i ran my old kx 2500.1 on stock alt. i had 2 runs of 2/0Gauge wire. and big 3 done in 2/0 gauge. with one interstate workaholic batt with no problems@ 1ohm. @ .5ohm it would protect cause of voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.