getting two amps to work together

Basspimp19
10+ year member

I have two Directed amps that I can link together with a link that i bought, I reciently tryed to bridge them both togrther to create one big amp, I ended up smoking them both and had to get them repaired but I cant figure out why this happend. I need a detailed explination of what I might have did wrong and how to hook up two amps the easyist way using distribution blocks and such. Thanks alot.

What you did was ran both the wattage in and out of the speakers and amps causing a loop to go throught and amp an amp is used to send wattage never to recieve you cause the amps to recieve an enormous load of wattage causing it to burn out.

Well first of all you can't the amp's speaker outputs parallel ,two different things two different power ratings, voltage etc. theres no way you can possible hook two amps up to one speaker either you bridge one to one speaker and so on and maybe check on the amp to see if there is other preamp out and plug in another. Now as for a distribution block it's usually nessecary when a capacitor is present. A distribution block is to send a current form the battery and capacitor to output on possible of several amps.

To see what i mean check this out http://www.partsexpress.com/resources/

capsetup.html

see where the fuse is present that can be replaced with a distribution block and instead of one output to just the amp it can go to several amps instead.

I have a deck with Two out puts and I have two amps one of them is a kenwood 600 watts on two way out and the other one is a sony xplode 300 watts built in four way out. I also have a pair of kenwood tornado subs that handle 500 watts each on a bandpass enclosure and a pair of 500 watts 6x9. How do you recommend I should run the installation? I want to get the best sound possible, are those amps enough wattage for thesubs?

Originally posted by BETO:I have a deck with Two out puts and I have two amps one of them is a kenwood 600 watts on two way out and the other one is a sony xplode 300 watts built in four way out. I also have a pair of kenwood tornado subs that handle 500 watts each on a bandpass enclosure and a pair of 500 watts 6x9. How do you recommend I should run the installation? I want to get the best sound possible, are those amps enough wattage for thesubs?
If the sony is a four channel and has a pass through output. I would run both sets of rca's from the headunit to the sony then a set of rca's from the sony to the kenwood. This would give you the ability to still use the fader on the headunit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.