GIRL NEEDS HELP WITH: MTX Thunder4000 15'

Participant count
  • Participant list

suthernheezy

14 FONT

Okay, I am going to seem a little dumb but hey I am a girlie doing research. I will be 16 (WHOO-HOO) in exactly 3 months. I recently got my new Crutchfield magazine, and I am thinking about hooking up some MTX subs in my '96 Ford Explorer.

I want something that will thump and can be heard, but I do not want something that I am going to have to wear ear plugs while I am driving. So here are the stats for the subs I want to order:

MTX THUNDER4000 15' SUBS

• Power Range (watts RMS): 50-250
  • Peak Power (watts): 500
  • Preq. Range (Hz): 27-150
  • Imp. (ohm): 4
  • SPL (dB): 91.6

I am going to hook up 2 of these and I need to know what wattage amp you guys recommend. I need to get all of this by April the 5. So I am getting advice now, to show my dad what I would like to have. He is going to build a box for me, so no BIG deal. Also, is my back window hatch going to rattle with these? And if it will how can I prevent this? I DO NOT want to weld it down either. Thanks for your help!!!! It is greatly appreciated..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well dont waste the money on the 4000's go with the 6000's. . Now the 15's will hit the lower notes, if you want it to have a nice tight Sound Quality, i would go with the 12's, and you will be heard. Running the MTX Thunder 6500D with the 2 12's, ( 4 ohm subs) wired in parrallel will produce a 2 ohm load and the amp will 775 watts into them (that is under rated). But if you really want to get noticed and want to give up the space the 15's will do to! No ear plugs but too long and you will hear some ringing when the music stops. 15's will get you heard, and you will feel it nice and deep. The 12's nice Sound Quality, will also get you heard, but in a nice way. That amp will push either of the subs, when you go into the 8000 series of MTX you are looking at alot more watts to really push the subs. Good luck and what kind of box is your Dad planning on building? I hope he knows there are different kind of boxs and if the subs will be sealed, or ported? Too big of a box the subs will not sound right and too small pop goes the sub. Any more questions you know the place...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.