Glue let go around bottom of spider by coil :(

Participant count
  • Participant list

moonmtx02
10+ year member

I now have a 15" TCSounds LMS-R that I just traded for tonight locally and of course from a newbie that had it wired incorrectly.. should've taken that as a DUHHH and not to trade but whatever I did it at night and couldn't see.... It was hooked up and sounded fine, didn't have any coil rub that I noticed, wasn't bottoming out or clipping etc.. long story short, I thought I was getting a sub that was fine except for a couple very small blemishes on the cone but hey it's used... After getting home and putting the sub under light, I began inspecting it and noticed something not good.... The glue on the bottom of the spider that connects the coil to the spider and let go... the top is still perfectly fine tho. I can find "how-to's" all over for if it's tore on the top but not bottom... Soooooo now to your input for some help.. Ik it will need a recone I'm sure and I'm not trying to get flamed cuz I was being dumb and doing it in the dark so please just help if you know anything or point me in a good direction.. It sounded fine on about 800 rms that I was showed on so I will recone it but not til it's really shot.. If there's an even cheaper solution than recone please provide some input! Thanks!!

Pic of the "situation"

That picture is very small. Assuming it's just the joint from the spider to the coil former some CA glue (super glue) will hold it, just try to not slop it all over the spider.

sorry about the small pic :-/ but thanks for the quick reply!! another question before I do that, do I need to try and get the "broken joint" back together to glue it? If so, I'm not sure how I can get the spider to connect to the bottom, broken part of the joint.... any input?

might help?

eww ol tc spiders. if ur tring to save money it can be fixed.

can reglue with black ca or 5min epoxy that self mixes and has a long nozzle.

turn the sub upside down on the basket edge on like 4 books or 2x4s so the surrond isnt hitting.

eather use the instant epoxy with the long nozzle or take ur ca glue bottle and heat shrink tubing over the tip so you can reach the triple joint easier...

Yep trying to save money like the average person haha and to my other question, do I need to get the joint back together than glue over the original glue so everything's lined up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.