Glue

Gorilla glue did not hold as strong as some liquid nail wood glue I just recently tested with. It was also more frustrating to use and I had an accident with it that cost me a shop towel. So far, I have enjoyed elmer's wood glue the best but I have never used titebond but plan on using it for my next build.
one thing you have to do with gorilla glue wich is a pain in the ass, is that the area that youre going to lay the glue on has to be damped. you know just grab a semi wet rag and run it along the edge of both pieses of wood and then put your line of gorilla glue. thats how it activates it self on the area is going to hold in place.

one thing you have to do with gorilla glue wich is a pain in the ass, is that the area that youre going to lay the glue on has to be damped. you know just grab a semi wet rag and run it along the edge of both pieses of wood and then put your line of gorilla glue. thats how it activates it self on the area is going to hold in place.
easier said than done, MDF soaks up a SUPRISING amount of water before it actually shows any signs of 'dampness'

better grab a jug of water, or a garden hose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

or just get yourself some wood glue, a few tubes of silicone, and a 1" brad nailer

in my experience, gorilla glue can get real ugly, real fast.

^ ditto... if i had a brad nailer i could knock out a box in 30 minutes.

hell, if i had clamps i could do it in 45 haha. (btw... this is the reason why i make cuts oversized put things together with edges hanging off, then knock off the extra with a belt sander. as long as all the corners are 90 degrees, the box looks like it was built from perfect cuts afterwards.)

Shouldn't be using it anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That's been covered already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I use titebond 3. It has a longer curing time than titebond 2 but is supposed to be a little wtronger.. 36" clamps and screws hold it together while it dries, no problems yet.

-Lurius

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.