Good 15 inch or 12 inch sub + amp?

Komsan6063
10+ year member

Florida
Im a college student and currently i have a 2009 honda civic with a dts 1000.1 re audio amp with 2 12 inch RE audio SE series subwoofers. They hit very nicely. Im looking to spend around 600 dollars on a 15 or 12 inch sub that hits very hard and also a good amp that i can put in my spare tire well and then put my other 12s on the sides of it. Im looking to spend 600 on the amp plus the sub as i want to leave 400$ aside for instalation and boxes for the new sub and the other 2 12s. Does anyone know of a good combo that would really pound for around 600 +- 100$? Thanks

Sell ur pair subs and get pair 15"
There ya go! What you're attempting to do OP is mix and match sizes and models. It's not a good idea and it's been discussed ad nauseum. The thing to do if you want more output is what GVP suggested. Sell your 12's and get a pair of 15's. What you were attempting to do kind of tells me you have enough room to do this.

Run one nice 15" in correct box and ditch the idea of using the pair of12" subs with it as a combo
Very true. I have a single 15 in a custom ported box @32 hz and it hits so much harder than my old 2 12s. Go with a good 15 you will be very satisfied.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.