good comp for 300?

jtj5002
10+ year member

im looking to get a new 6.5 comp set for around 300, i been looking at the boston/mb quart/jl comp sets(300lish ones ), really cant decide which one would be better, so if anyone have some suggestions it will be appriaciated

also im looking for some 6x9s from those 3 brand just so if i get someone in the back seat, perfectly same power handleing as the front so i can use a 4 channel amp. thx

well i would not get 6x9, instead i would get a cheap set coaxials for the rear fill. also you should just get a two channel amp to run your components and use your HU power to run the coaxes. that might save you some money or possibly upgrade your component budget. for about $300, you can get yourself the DLS UP6. solid set or maybe the Rainbow SLC's.

SOME HU's don't make power:naughty: x2 on the DLS and Rainbows. I have CDT's. Ology can make ya some comps.
thats true but most do. but if he doesn't have an HU that has an internal amp then yea if he wants a rear fill then year get a four channel amp.

thats true but most do. but if he doesn't have an HU that has an internal amp then yea if he wants a rear fill then year get a four channel amp.
with this install, I've given up on rear fill. The front stage has plenty of sound for anyone sitting in the back seats.

So are we talking $300 new-authorized, new-unauthorized, used??

The brands you have mentioned will all fit the bill nicely, but they are all different speakers. What have your ears liked so far? For example, the Alpine type x comps are well thought of and were a serious contender for me until I actually listened to them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

with this install, I've given up on rear fill. The front stage has plenty of sound for anyone sitting in the back seats.
Death to rear fill //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

im looking into the boston pro 6.5, i can get them for aroound 380lish shipped, they takes 125 rms, and i kinda want the boston sl6x9 for the rear so when ppl ask i can say : ya i got the best 6x9s boston makes :p:p:p.

i probely wont have it on if i dont have ppl on the back seat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.