Component Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

silverado71
10+ year member

Missouri
Are component sets THAT much better then regular speakers?

What is a good 5 1/4 component set?

What is a good 6 1/2 component set?

Im looking for 2 x 5 1/4 and 1 set of 6 1/2 for a scion does anyone know the maximum mounting depth for a scion tc?

5 1/4 for fron door and mid panel

6 1/2 for mid panel

Are component sets THAT much better then regular speakers?
Normally, the easy answer is yes. Hence why most people prefer them over coaxials. They can be a bit more problematic regarding installation considering you have to find somewhere to put a midrange, a tweeter, and a passive crossover instead of just needing a location to mount a speaker, connect two wires to it, and be done. The added clarity and vastly improved imaging that results from a proper install makes them well worth the extra trouble.
What is a good 5 1/4 component set?What is a good 6 1/2 component set?
This, like most all else car audio-related is a rather subjective thing. A definitive answer will require your listening preferences, proposed budget, and available power information to provide an educated response. You can spend a couple hundred bucks on some that are 'good' and you can spend 6, 7, 800 bucks or more on some truly outstanding components.
Im looking for 2 x 5 1/4 and 1 set of 6 1/2 for a scion does anyone know the maximum mounting depth for a scion tc?
5 1/4 for fron door and mid panel

6 1/2 for mid panel
This information I don't have. I haven't looked in Crutchfield's "What Fits My Car?" database to see if the Scions have been updated into it yet.

too dam vague. to find out what are good speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif . thats twice that you've made a thread that states absolutely nothing. we need budget and what type of music you like. "good" is subjective.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.