Good setup for '10 silverado crew cab

So for $1000 on the whole system what can I get?
I could do a set of American bass TNT 12s a ph 4000 and ph 4100 a set of cdt com 626 cr components and speakers all the wires needed except the integration harness For $1000 all new with warranty

I have a 2009 crew cab I went with the fox box after trying a sealed box from subthump and the sealed stealth box from jl audio. Started with 2 fi ssd 10's, then 2 of the new alpine type r's finally I have the 10w3v3's from the stealthbox in there. This is by far the best sounding of the three the fi's seemed like they wanted more airspace and I think the depth of the box interfered with the venting on the alpines. I'm using a new style sound stream ref 1000.1 to power the subs. My components are the anniversary edition focal 165 powered by an arc audio mini 125.2 bx.

My deck is a pioneer avh 4300 you need to check the depth of what ever head unit you go with as there are a bunch of steel bars back there in the dash that limit this. Hope I helped a little feel free to ask anymore questions.

I have a 2009 crew cab I went with the fox box after trying a sealed box from subthump and the sealed stealth box from jl audio. Started with 2 fi ssd 10's, then 2 of the new alpine type r's finally I have the 10w3v3's from the stealthbox in there. This is by far the best sounding of the three the fi's seemed like they wanted more airspace and I think the depth of the box interfered with the venting on the alpines. I'm using a new style sound stream ref 1000.1 to power the subs. My components are the anniversary edition focal 165 powered by an arc audio mini 125.2 bx.
My deck is a pioneer avh 4300 you need to check the depth of what ever head unit you go with as there are a bunch of steel bars back there in the dash that limit this. Hope I helped a little feel free to ask anymore questions.
Very helpful. How are those w3s hitting in your truck? I was thinking bout those 13tw5s how r those?

I don't really have experience with the 13tw5 and I probably wouldn't buy them unless I got a smokin deal on them. There are tons of good reviews on them though. I love my w3's a lot of people will say there overpriced I also used the w3v2's and loved the way they sounded. The combo of the fox box and the w3 in my opinion is the best you can do in this truck without lifting the seat. The bass is loud hard hitting and very very clean.

The w3's sound nice don't get me wrong, it you want some crazy bass they won't satisfy, I ran a full jl system once, ONCE, lol I'm going to be running a full soundqubed system, go check out their sub's and amps, when I bought a sub on here on the forum, a skar vvx12, that one 12 blew those w3's I had out of the water, if you want jl by all means its your money, I would recommend some sa-8's with the space you have, those little ***** will get low and loud!

The w3's sound nice don't get me wrong, it you want some crazy bass they won't satisfy, I ran a full jl system once, ONCE, lol I'm going to be running a full soundqubed system, go check out their sub's and amps, when I bought a sub on here on the forum, a skar vvx12, that one 12 blew those w3's I had out of the water, if you want jl by all means its your money, I would recommend some sa-8's with the space you have, those little ***** will get low and loud!
In my experience with this truck the enclosure makes the biggest difference. That being said while the w3's aren't gonna win spl competitions especially in this truck I listen to my music loud and these get loud. Op I'm all for the obscure and non-mainstream brands but I've been through a lot of trial and error I'm just trying to save you that.

I went with a Pioneer 5600 deck, Infinity components front and rear, and sitting under the seat (no lift) is a custom ported box holding 2 DC audio 8's all being ran by 2 MBQuart onyx amps. Im pleased! Very pleased! I did alot shopping around to get good deals so be patient!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.