Got a XX colossus II?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigred78797
10+ year member

Audiobahn Junkie
Need some help. I blew my amp... soo im fixing it. I was able to figure out what most of the resistors and diodes were from their charred remains except for two... they were burnt beyond recognition and i couldn't match them to the other channels components. I was hoping that someone could tell me what the following components are...

R42 - resistor could be 47 ohms but not sure

D29 - could be the really small diode with a yellow stripe but not sure, what diode number is that by the way.

I already replaced all the other broken components to include 10 blown MOSFETS, 10 resistors, 2 diodes, and installed 6 cooling fans to the inside of that sucker and tested every other component on that board so i would hate to have to junk a colossus over two 15 cent electronic components.

You may have more luck in the Amplifier section. Or if you have a good electronics shop, they should be able to help.

Grainger or Radio Shak have an on-line parts catalog?

lol i should have threw my fried Colossus on here, GF fried mine like 2 days ago and caught it on fire, there might have been parts in it usable, i doubt it though since she put it out with a soda.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigred78797

10+ year member
Audiobahn Junkie
bigred78797
Fort Meade, MD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date