got questions about installing subs in rear deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Got a 2002 Maxima and thinking about just installing some 8's in the rear deck. first question is are infinite baffle and free air the same thing. I understand that with IB you seperate the front/rear sound waves and all but not sure if free air is the same. Any one out there have this type of setup? What pair of 8's would work well with this? And any info will be appreciated. Not looking for any bone crushing bass, just some nice low end to fill end and complete the system.

its the same as with your door speakers. the better the door is sealed the more midbass/bass youll get. Youll get some, but like i said the better you separate them teh better the bass will be. My infiniti was sealed up good in the trunk and it got loud and low off 6x9s and my pontiac is not so the midbass is a little lacking.

its the same as with your door speakers. the better the door is sealed the more midbass/bass youll get. Youll get some, but like i said the better you separate them teh better the bass will be. My infiniti was sealed up good in the trunk and it got loud and low off 6x9s and my pontiac is not so the midbass is a little lacking.
i know that in IB the trunk needs to be sealed off completely, is it the same for free air?Or as long as I mount the subs on a baffle before mounting them to the rear deck? Sorry for the questions, just a lil confusing to me.

that would be best case, free air and ib are the same thing, having a box on them would be best but probably a ton of work
well, i already have a sealed enclosure that i built for a pair of 8's about 2 years ago but never finished the plan. Think its like .4cubes per side or something. Shouldnt be too hard to mount it up to the rear deck. Think i may try that instead of the freeair plan

well guys, if i just put a pair of 8's in a sealed enclosure and mount them up the the rear deck, what would be some to look at that would have some decent output?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ridinhi

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Ridinhi
Winston-Salem, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date