H/U install in 2005 Cavalier.....*****!

crackerboxx
10+ year member

Getting kinda frustrated with this install, have full power and h/u turns on and is fully functional except no sound...... I've got the constant and ACC together since theres no true ACC line. As for the speaker wiring it is completely done. I had thought that this wouldnt be so bad to do but now im just getting a headache. It is just the bare bone AC Delco system and from what i see it does NOT have the factory integrated amplifier and I'm also too stubborn to buy the $80 interface. I saw the hardwire installation on modifiedlife.com but chose to do it with the adaption harness instead but now im begining to wonder what i should do. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

how exactly did u wire the speakers? i would hard wire them and completely bypass all factory wiring thats why it has the special interface box. the stock unit is tied to the rest of the car for chimes rap ect.

I wired them using a metra 70 2003 harness and i know that if it does call for the interface that i will or most likely will lose the chimes but i dont understand what I'm missing......FYI the H/U is a 9886

Is the head units internal amplifier turned off? If you scroll through the menus there will be Power IC. Make sure that is turned on. As for wiring if you just have the standard audio system there is no need to run new speaker wire as you will no gain anything since the factory speaker wires are in the harness behind the radio and adequately sized for head unit power.

you don't need to hardwire. I've used the 2003 harness plenty of times on gm's without any problems. And if you don't want to worry about turning your radio on/off manually, you can grab an ACC at the ignition harness.

just double check all your connections. try putting your stock back in also and see if you get sound.

your supposed to run that 12v switched source (ACC wire) to the fuse box, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

you don't need to hardwire. I've used the 2003 harness plenty of times on gm's without any problems. And if you don't want to worry about turning your radio on/off manually, you can grab an ACC at the ignition harness.
just double check all your connections. try putting your stock back in also and see if you get sound.
he is having sound out issues not power on issues

does anyone ever read the fking thread these days?

check the powerIC setting dude as was suggested

.....it was the power IC.....man do I feel like a noob! Another dumb question for you all though have all screws out of the dash and its giving me enough slack to rock out the dash panel as needed but still cant get the panel comepletly off and Ive tried rocking it and just so I dont hear about it it the 2 brass screws that are way back into the glove trim ARE out so.....what from there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

crackerboxx

10+ year member
crackerboxx
LINCOLN, NEBRASKA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from