h900,bitone.1,or zap dsp6-sl

Participant count
  • Participant list

troytag
10+ year member

09 metal meham instigator
nor-cal
i know the alpine h900 is bad ass..but very tough to come by...

the audison bitone.1 has a bad rap for proablems. (local installer swears their fixed now?)

how about the zapco dsp6-sl?..with the drc of course..

any good/bad on these units..

ive been told the audison can be run thru a touch screen hu..

thats nice for tunning...

i think the h900 is best run thru a lap top?but does have a display?

i do have a lap top(companys) for some reason im not too keen of breaking out a lp to tune my **** up?

havent read too much on the zapco stuff?

im running all zapco amps.witch could be a plus??.

thanks..

H900 expensive as hell. If you can find one looking at around $2000-$2500.

BitOne issues have been fixed. Messed with on a few days ago.

Zapco DSP6 no issues does everything you would need to do for a 3-way active system.

If you are not buying right now the DSP8 might be released some time next year.

x2 on h900 being expensive. You're talking at least 2x the cost for an h900 vs. either of the other options... and that would be used, and beat up. To put it short, the cheapest I've seen an h900 go for is $1100 and it was beat to hell and missing a few pieces.

Then you're at:

1. Do you want 3-way or 4-way setup?

If 4-way, then you've answered your own question. The bitone.1 is the way to go.

Comparatively (speaking on control ONLY) you're in the same situation. You need a laptop to do the main part of tuning. You can, however, buy the DRC that goes with the zapco piece to make changes without a laptop. But, that'll set you back another $250 or so (used price; new price is more expensive).

I've used both. I own the bitone.1. I've had a bitone since they came out last December and just now got a working product in my car after months of dealing with returns. The problem is now solved. It works great, and sounds great. I'd say to go with that.

My $.02

Told ya man haha. And no H990 can be controlled by the F#1 Status TMI-9990 touchscreen and DVI-9990 DVD player. We have 2 screens, 2 H990, and one DVI-9990 at the shop. If anyone is interested PM me for cost.

But the bit one has to be tuned with a laptop. You can only use the separate controller to switch presets and check the amp voltage etc, but no tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.