Have I messed my system up?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nate20

Nc
I was trying to set my gains with a dmm last week but when I started to play the test tone it blew my radio fuse under the hood. I replaced the fuse but something still isn't right. My head unit will do this weird thing where every now and then when I play a song it will speed up at the beginning but slow down after a few seconds. Also my sub amp went into protect mode yesterday. It is out of protect mode now but my sub still won't play. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

Are you only running amps off your headunit?? try disconnecting the rca's at the headunit play the the tone see if the fuse pops, if it does and you prolly have an issue with that deck, speeding up and slowing down is that on a cd or when u have mp3 or a usb hooked up, could be motor spinning cd going bad or a bad ground at the radio. if you have speakers hooked up to the deck through its internal amp there is a possibility that there is a slight short or pinched wire somewhere and when its getting alot of juice from the music its shorting out, start there.

also check those rca's sound like they might be bad..

I will try the test tone without the rcas when I get a chance. The speeding up happens with mp3 files on ipod. Also my speakers are powered by an alpine power pack amp. Right now my door speakers play fine very loud with the alpine amp. My only problems are the mp3 speeding up and my sub not playing. I noticed although my sub amp power light was on it seemed less illuminated than before which made me think that the head was not sending it enough and therefore it wouldnt power my sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.