HDC3 fail

Its a public forum ill do and say as I please, thanks though. You sure talk alotta **** for lookin like big bird though.
Oh and you might not know me but ive been around longer then your wifes been ****** on muh nuts.
Big bird? He's like 4' tall. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Wish I knew I was just going off what I watched in a garage, but direct swap from DD F 10s to DD F 10s, same impedance and everything. Was a .3-.5db gain consistently time and time again. Left me scratching my head, guess I had thought most all of it would be in the Z motor. I mean it has so much gaussian strength, youd think moving mass would be a little concern but their is definatly a large change in weight. Id be interested to see if it fairs the same with you. Let me know if/when ya try it.
I'd sure love to have a drop in gain of .5 dB. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm more than willing to debate anything you'd like. No personal attacks or anything from me. But you have yet to answer my questions with any logical or debatable responses.
No i do appreciate it Indy you are mature about it.

I guess I consider the hobby the whole nine yards. Building, installing, competing. Lets compare it to any other hobby you cant just go to competitions and take all the glory, I mean hands down I hand that 155 is SS1-2 to Mike. Nothing personal to Alex and he even admited he does the easy part he presses play. If I competed with a car that I didnt built, I would not feel right having that number as something I could say my own. And that is why I never brought the chevette or buick to a show, it just wouldnt be right. Is this opinionated, yes it is very much so.

Im not sure how much you know about subwoofers so I will explain it and then put it in more lehmans terms as well as to why this defect is an issue and it will contain a logical response... i know something we havent seen on this thread much lol. The top plate is the center point of all flux flow. The coil is centered at this point. In this gap all flux density should be even... the cooling vents already mess with flux modulation as they increase air space around the coil which in turn messes with the flux density. Now the positive side to this is atleast each cooling vent is located at 60degrees so the problem is evenly spread. Now having more steel milled out, it makes for uneven flux modulation. It does make an effect. Is it something that broke the subwoofer... I couldnt tell you it was pretty messed up when I got it. But is it something that prevents the subwoofer to work to how it was deisnged, yes it would clearly show an impact vs a perfectly working HDC.

I have personally done testing with milling slot vents in top plates, it shows very little difference when evenly distributed but when holes are uneven it is clearly not performing correctly.

Building something yourself and paying someone to do it is differnet isnt it? Guess im not sure where your going with that. Is it okay that he paid mike to do it, sure but he is missing out on a huge part of the hobby but hell thats his, and most of DOAs decision nothing I can say. But to say im missing out on the fun, man being up putting those late hours in and then seeing the results the mornign after, dude that is some fun they just wont ever know about the enjoyment of seeing your hard work perform is something else.

long post...
Ok, I'm not arguing that it was a manufacturers defect. That is obvious. And I'm sure if this was brought to DJ's attention I would have been taken care of in some manner. My question I pose to you is this. Did such a small manufacturing defect lead to this subwoofers demise? I understand that it does make to sub not live up to its potential, and that if the cooling channels weren't there to begin with the sub MAY perform better (speculation and application dependent). Can you prove that the PROPERLY spaced and drilled holes don't serve a cooling purpose? Perhaps without those whole the motor force in the top of the gap would be greater and they may perform better. But for how long? You also have yet to mention the glue that you brought up in the original post. I assume because you agree it does not affect performance at all.

As far as the build/ hobby argument. That is one that will never be won by either side. Some people enjoy building some don't. Some people have the skill to do it some don't. Just because you don't have the skill or don't enjoy doing that spectrum of the HOBBY does that mean you shouldn't enjoy it as much as someone who does? I personally enjoy the build aspect more than anything, that's just how I roll. And just for the record Alex NEVER said he did that build. I've seen him do wiring and what not. But never once has he claimed he built that box. Mike and Alex work together in that respect. And they both enjoy that relationship.

NO matter how much people cry about ca.com.. It sure is entertaining //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Carry on LOL!

Ok, I'm not arguing that it was a manufacturers defect. That is obvious. And I'm sure if this was brought to DJ's attention I would have been taken care of in some manner. My question I pose to you is this. Did such a small manufacturing defect lead to this subwoofers demise? I understand that it does make to sub not live up to its potential, and that if the cooling channels weren't there to begin with the sub MAY perform better (speculation and application dependent). Can you prove that the PROPERLY spaced and drilled holes don't serve a cooling purpose? Perhaps without those whole the motor force in the top of the gap would be greater and they may perform better. But for how long? You also have yet to mention the glue that you brought up in the original post. I assume because you agree it does not affect performance at all.
As far as the build/ hobby argument. That is one that will never be won by either side. Some people enjoy building some don't. Some people have the skill to do it some don't. Just because you don't have the skill or don't enjoy doing that spectrum of the HOBBY does that mean you shouldn't enjoy it as much as someone who does? I personally enjoy the build aspect more than anything, that's just how I roll. And just for the record Alex NEVER said he did that build. I've seen him do wiring and what not. But never once has he claimed he built that box. Mike and Alex work together in that respect. And they both enjoy that relationship.
Was an email sent to AQ, yes. Was a response given in the past month, no. And I know im not on their ignore list cause i get emails from Micheal there.

Does the craftsman ship effect the subwoofer, yes. Was it the cause of its destruction, I could not answer that. Only Decaf will know. Based on the fact that he slanders my name around facebook and the forum though, his words mean little to me at this point.

I never once said Alex took credit for anything. What I was saying is he told me I dont know how to have fun in the sport. I explained that he hasnt even done the side of the sport that you and I both find to be the fun part. He said he wasnt in it for the numbers yet he showed off his 155 and was pretty proud of that, all I was saying is it wasnt his. I never accused Alex of claiming he did his build. Everyone knows he hasnt, the claim was misread if thats what you feel I was trying to point out.

friends sub, tinsels were torn through the spider ~1/2 in from not breaking it in properly, basically 1500w in 3.8cuft right away, playing at or below tuning (aq2200)

coil was half dark, still moved perfectly fine and played music but i knew something was wrong without having to take it apart and wasnt going to sell it as working for working price, so i took softparts out... saw the coil, and bought it so he could take the loss and start over, then flipped it to dunbar (but a different member only wanted motor, so i failed at removing it, lol, hence the reason it went to matt)

^slander matt? thats rich... u really take life too seriously bro

1) my post was funny... how often do u get to use the word exuberance in the day, not often and 2) it didnt state how i feel about you, just a small event that encompasses the thing that gets u flac

"AE = Anal Exuberance... one of the first shows Liz went to with me she met Matt, and before i said anything, she called him an annoying know it all douche, along with his tag along buddies"

great job hank, bet that tickled the ear drums a bit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpin buick

5,000+ posts
Science is everything
bumpin buick
Appleton, Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date