Head unit freezing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Airman21
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
I have a PIONEER AVH-X7800BT. Just got installed 3 weeks ago and since day one the screen freezes and resets itself. Highly annoying!

If I bought another Pioneer unit would it be plug and play or would it have to be the exact same unit?

I liked having a screen so I could go through my thumb drive folders so I would like another unit with a screen and Bluetooth. Any recommendations to a good unit under $500?

John, did you have an authorized Pioneer dealer sell you that unit?

It's possible a different model would plug right in. Troubleshooting the problem is a good next step, would you agree?

John, did you have an authorized Pioneer dealer sell you that unit?
It's possible a different model would plug right in. Troubleshooting the problem is a good next step, would you agree?
I bought the unit on Amazon, not sure if they are an authorized dealer or not. Yes, troubleshooting would be a good idea but with the screen freezing and resetting I figured it was an internal issue.

I bought the unit on Amazon, not sure if they are an authorized dealer or not. Yes, troubleshooting would be a good idea but with the screen freezing and resetting I figured it was an internal issue.
I checked on a firmware update. There was one issued for this model last year but it's not to address a problem. I recommend you contact Amazon to report trouble with your purchase and see if they will exchange it.

I checked on a firmware update. There was one issued for this model last year but it's not to address a problem. I recommend you contact Amazon to report trouble with your purchase and see if they will exchange it.
Thanks for checking on an update I didn't even think of that.

Thanks for checking on an update I didn't even think of that.
my 4500bt resets every so often too, seriously pi$$es me off but only does it like once every 2 to 3 mos (give or take) and takes about 3 min to set it back up the way i had it, so it hasnt gotten to the point where im in the market for a new one and ive had it for over 3 years now, so im hosed LoL rewired it twice since the original install and it still does it from time to time. Ive noticed that mine does it mainly when i remote start it then decide that i actually dont want the car running for whatever reason (forgot to do something before i leave that would take longer than i want my car idling) and either turn it back off with the remote or hit the brake pedal. The weird thing is that it doesnt lose its DB file that tells it whats on the flash drive, so its not completely resetting, just all the audio, visual and clock settings

Def sounds like internal issue. If it's still under warranty, I'd take advantage of that warranty and get another one. But.....who's to say the next one might do the same thing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.