headbussaboi scammed me

I am not going to get into details, but I almost had to take an individual to small claims court, which is what you guys will have to do. I started doing some research in the matter, and it seemed that I would have had to go to the individuals county to do so. I live in IL he lives in Ohio, I was the victim.....Explain that one to me, I am sure it will be the same for you guys:rolleyes:
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Is there a lawyer or anything for small claims court?

Does it cost alot?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Does it cost alot?
a lawyer will end up costing more than you'll ever get...I think mine is pretty cheap and charges me $150 an hour when I use him....he charges that whether its an hour or 5 minutes

Read up on the civil process or hire a cheap lawyer if you have to. He will have to be served, and if he is and doesn't show to court I believe usually the case is automatically decided in your favor. They then have to go about collecting on the judgement though which can be a pain, but atleast you got that. A person can go through the court process without a lawyer, but you better do your homework to make sure you get it all right.

So either he shows to court and you get to confront him face to face or he doesn't show and you win. Maybe if you all 4 get together and go in on one lawyer in MN that lawyer will represent you all for a lower rate since its the same process for all 4.

I personally would do the above then fly out for court to see if he shows. Or if you are sure where he lives you could fly out and have a face to face with him before you go to court.

Does it cost alot?
I think it cost $50 when I checked into it, that covered the paperwork to get the date set, etc.... No lawyers, just you, the defendant and the judge. The thing is the judge can award you more money to cover lost wages if you had to take the day off to go there, hotels, gas money etc... Notice I said they can, not that they necessarily will:crap:

I have a totally different address through paypal for david xiong than you guys have if you want it. Also for williambrea, i will try and dig up $50 for your cause whether it be court, billboard or roadtrip. Let me know through PM.

HELL YEA

I just called my local court, i have to get the paperwork done and get the secretary of commonwealth to serve him. Then he WILL HAVE TO COME TO ME!!!!

And the fees are only $60. With all this evidence i will walk all over him, plus his ass probably wont show up!

I would suggest this route to people who have been scammed by him. He probably wont show up so you win by default!

HELL YEA
I just called my local court, i have to get the paperwork done and get the secretary of commonwealth to serve him. Then he WILL HAVE TO COME TO ME!!!!

And the fees are only $60. With all this evidence i will walk all over him, plus his ass probably wont show up!

I would suggest this route to people who have been scammed by him. He probably wont show up so you win by default!
Minnesota Process Server Requirements:

Unless otherwise ordered by the court, the sheriff or any other person not less than 18 years of age and not a party to the action, may make service of a summons or other process.

Looks like you could find anybody local to serve him too

HELL YEA

They must do things a little different in the commonwealth, I was informed I would have to go to the guys state, either way good for you:)

We should get a pool going, and give the money to whoever beats the **** out of him and takes pics

To hell with all that court crap..Is it worth missing all that work just to get a couple hundred bucks back....

Seriously.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

s12mm4000

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
s12mm4000
aurora mo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied