???headunit removal

For my car (1992 Mazda 323 astina) in order to take out the head unit without those shimmy things i had to take off or just loosen the...

*handbrake cover

*gearstick cover

*then the cover that holds the head unit

I did it in this order and made sure i loosened EVERY screw and bolt. Believe me, if it doesnt come off easy, you have missed some hidden screw. (unless it has clips //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif )

For my car (1992 Mazda 323 astina) in order to take out the head unit without those shimmy things i had to take off or just loosen the...*handbrake cover

*gearstick cover

*then the cover that holds the head unit

I did it in this order and made sure i loosened EVERY screw and bolt. Believe me, if it doesnt come off easy, you have missed some hidden screw. (unless it has clips //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif )
Mazda didn't market the Astina on this side of the pond, mate. I know what you're talking about....I'm married to an Aussie from SA....but few over here would know that that is. Our 323's looked nothing like it.

6spd's suggestion is right on the money. Drop by a shop somewhere and ask can you borrow theirs for a brief minute (most installers worth their salt have a collection nearby of most manufacturers' HU removal keys)

Barring that toss 'em a few dollars to snatch it out for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.