*HELP*2 12" rockford fosgate subs+________

Participant count
  • Participant list

paintball9908
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Michigan
FOR MY 2 DOOR PONTIAC GRAND AM GT YEAR: 2000

I am getting 2 12" rockford fosgate RFR3112 power HX2 subs.

Features:

FIBERlock treated paper cone with Santoprene™ rubber surround

Frequency response 26-400 Hz

Power range 150-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per coil)

Peak power 2,000 watts

Sensitivity 85 dB

Dual voice coil design (two 2-ohm voice coils)

Top mount depth 6-7/8"

Sealed box volume 1.00 cubic feet

Ported box volume 1.75-4.0 cubic feet

To power them, I plan to use 2 JBL BP1200.1 - 1200 Watt Amplifier's

Features:

Output 4 Ohms: 600W x 1

Output 2 Ohms: 1200W x 1

Signal-to-Noise (dBA): >100

Frequency Response (±3dB): 20Hz - 500Hz

Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.1%

Input Sensitivity: 250mV - 4V

Besides build a box, what other things do I need like:

what kind of wire?

A second battery, if so what kind(yellow top)?

an upgrdaed alternator?

ported or sealed box?

capacirtor?

new head unit(only if neccessary)?

and anything else you can think of please lis thank you

You wont need a second battery. Thats only good if your listening to you stereo with the car off. This is because your electrical system is not charging that battery, and if it were, it would put a lot of strain on your alternator to charge 2 batteries. Upgrading your alternator MAY not be a problem, as long as the gain and the bass boost (if there is one) isn't turned all the way up, cause if you decide to turn them all the way up, your gonna overload your cars electrical system and its gonna die.. If it were me i would get a capacitor, i would get either a 2.5 farad or a 3 farad cap for that power, but you really dont need one unless your headlights start to dim, or you feel that you aren't getting the bump from your subs that you want, due to your alternator. I have a feeling that your headlights are going to dim like crazy. I would go for a sealed box, (just my preference). As long as your head unit has preamp outputs you should be ok, you may eventually wanna upgrade to a head unit with stronger outputs (i.e. 5 volts instead of 2), makes the signal stronger. With the wiring, I would go with 1/0 guage just because theres some serious power being drawn there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif I definetely wouldn't go below 1/0 guage. Your gonna need a distribution block, with atleast 2 outputs. The distibution block acts as a circuit breaker for all your amps.

2,400 watts from a stock alternator is a lot, so make sure to KEEP THE GAINS DOWN.

I am running 1000 watts rms from my stock alt, but i have gains down and an eq so i can adjust the bass and the speakers accordingly. I have a cap and my car is good :thumbsup

Good luck.

200 amp alt. end of discussion.

thats the only thing that will keep you from being stranded on the side of the road, keep ur subs hitting, and well just the best decision.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.