WalMart 4 Guage Wire

i get mine free from my bud at my local car audio place. but there's nothing wrong with the **** from walmart/target/kmart/etc.

no, im not sayin their anything wrong w/ it.. actually i also believe that wire is just that.. and if u can get wire that cheap plus all the accessories.. of a dual amp kit.. why not pay the 30$ for it.. if i didnt already have my wire, i would buy it.. in fact i have bought it for a few people installs.. i think your dumb if you dont buy it

Originally posted by RangerMan Wire is wire...I don't care what anybody says
How do you have you made so many post with ignorant comments like that? So every company out there that makes "more expensive" wire is scamming the world than right? Hey why stop there, just run solid wire in your car, no difference right? Do you honestly think that home depot 4 gauge wire (something like 15-20 strands) is the same quality (ie low resistance, well insolated) as for example the 4 guage Knukoncepts sells, something like 2000+ strands? If your of that belief, I would suggest you enrole yourself in a physics cource in electrity. I know a lot of people buy from knukoncepts, very reasonable prices, welding wire is also common, you can search for marine usages, power demand is generally high there as well. If your not running a huge system that wallmart kit will do you just fine, but no serious audiophile would use that quality.

im a serious audiophile and i'm going to use walmart wire.....the thing is wire is wire...the only thing that matters is that its oxygen free copper and that it has a high strand count......other than that its all the same....

Originally posted by Goddyd4me im a serious audiophile and i'm going to use walmart wire.....the thing is wire is wire...the only thing that matters is that its oxygen free copper and that it has a high strand count......other than that its all the same....
see to me that statement contradicts itself, oxygen free copper and high strand count are the two main things that increase the cost (as well as unneeded excess insolation). So your not really saying wire is wire. I dont even know whats in that walmart kit, just taking a guess that at best it is middle of the road wiring.

Originally posted by evo2k3 How do you have you made so many post with ignorant comments like that? So every company out there that makes "more expensive" wire is scamming the world than right? Hey why stop there, just run solid wire in your car, no difference right? Do you honestly think that home depot 4 gauge wire (something like 15-20 strands) is the same quality (ie low resistance, well insolated) as for example the 4 guage Knukoncepts sells, something like 2000+ strands? If your of that belief, I would suggest you enrole yourself in a physics cource in electrity. I know a lot of people buy from knukoncepts, very reasonable prices, welding wire is also common, you can search for marine usages, power demand is generally high there as well. If your not running a huge system that wallmart kit will do you just fine, but no serious audiophile would use that quality.
Ignorant statement spoken from a true W7 owner. Wanna know a secret? I paid 50 bucks for a 1/0 kit...Stinger wire, which claims all kinds of bs, is the SAME exact stuff. Unless you plan on using the wire for longer than 4 years, you ****ed yourself outta 50 bucks. When you buy stinger, your buying a brand name, thats it. Same with JL for that matter, but that is another issue for another day.

I personally use stinger, but have used the walmart kit in several friends, installs. The only big difference I see in the two wires is the flexibility of the stinger. As long as you dont have to make too many bends in the wire to get it where you need it, I see no point in paying soo much more money for the stinger name.

Originally posted by F150Matt I personally use stinger, but have used the walmart kit in several friends, installs. The only big difference I see in the two wires is the flexibility of the stinger. As long as you dont have to make too many bends in the wire to get it where you need it, I see no point in paying soo much more money for the stinger name.
Flexibility has little to do with the wire itself...that is the insulation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.