Help (basics) need a tutorial for second battery setup (2014 Silverado)

Participant count
  • Participant list
I own a 2014 Silverado and decided I want to add a second battery since it already comes with the option to hold another battery on the opposite side of the engine bay but I have no idea what I'm doing or how to wire one up and should I do the big 3 at the same time the stock wiring for my truck looks like 4 gauge maybe 2 gauge

if it meant saving my life I would probably die cause I can't find anything on the search menu when I'm looking stuff up thanks for the link... but my next question is should I even do a dual battery Energizer agm H7 ln4 or one XS power I'm only doing probably 2000 rms maybe less but im switching out my amp and should be around 3000rms to 2800rms

Yes do the big 3 in 1/0. OFC if you can afford it. Look into welding wire if you want the cheapest option.
If your first battery is old, replace it with a new one when you buy the second battery. Mixing old and new batteries is no good.

The search feature is really useful //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/398527-dual-battery-wiring-tutorial-why.html

if it meant saving my life I would probably die cause I can't find anything on the search menu when I'm looking stuff up thanks for the link... but my next question is should I even do a dual battery Energizer agm H7 ln4 or one XS power I'm only doing probably 2000 rms maybe less but im switching out my amp and should be around 3000rms to 2800rms
Haha it takes a little time to get the hang of it. Also if you google something, add "car audio forum" to the end and it will search this forum as well as other car audio related forums //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you don't have a budget, get XS Power or NorthStar. Those seem to be 2 of the best brands from all the battery comparison videos I've seen. However they are usually the most expensive.

Can you fit a XS Power D3100 under your hood? Or what's the biggest size you can fit?

The D3100s are about $370 and can power around 4-5k watts (4K watts if it is your primary battery or 5k watts if it is your secondary)

Take a look at this chart

http://4xspower.com/support/wattage-chart/

the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a XS battery is cause I heard they have horrible customer service and never want to warranty anything they always blame the customer for something they might have done wrong any experience with them

Haha it takes a little time to get the hang of it. Also if you google something, add "car audio forum" to the end and it will search this forum as well as other car audio related forums //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
If you don't have a budget, get XS Power or NorthStar. Those seem to be 2 of the best brands from all the battery comparison videos I've seen. However they are usually the most expensive.

Can you fit a XS Power D3100 under your hood? Or what's the biggest size you can fit?

The D3100s are about $370 and can power around 4-5k watts (4K watts if it is your primary battery or 5k watts if it is your secondary)

Take a look at this chart

Wattage Chart - XS Power

the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a XS battery is cause I heard they have horrible customer service and never want to warranty anything they always blame the customer for something they might have done wrong any experience with them
Hmm I haven't heard about that and I can't seem to find any negative reviews about their customer service. Not saying there aren't any, I just can't seem to find any.

If you are worried about that though then maybe go with NorthStar? Or buy your batteries locally and have the store install them so that way there is no "blaming the customer for an incorrect install"

Hmm I haven't heard about that and I can't seem to find any negative reviews about their customer service. Not saying there aren't any, I just can't seem to find any.
If you are worried about that though then maybe go with NorthStar? Or buy your batteries locally and have the store install them so that way there is no "blaming the customer for an incorrect install"
is there a store that you know of that carries there brand or only a online item

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Check with mylows10, he's also in Cali, got my xs 3400r from him and at a decent price even though it got shipped to Alabama. He has great customer service as well.
do you have his number or contact info

is there a store that you know of that carries there brand or only a online item 

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

do you have his number or contact info
I don't know any generic stores that carry XS Power or NorthStar. Sorry man.

Try using the dealer locators.

Dealer Locator - XS Power

And a **** ton of Battery stores in Cali that sell NorthStar

http://www.northstarbattery.com/en-us/where-to-buy/wheretobuy.php

Try Battery Systems if you are in Fontana //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif looks like they carry NorthStar. Call ahead to see what they have!

I don't know any generic stores that carry XS Power or NorthStar. Sorry man.
Try using the dealer locators.

Dealer Locator - XS Power

And a **** ton of Battery stores in Cali that sell NorthStar

NorthStar Ultra High Performance Batteries - 99.9% Pure Lead AGM Plate Technology

Try Battery Systems if you are in Fontana //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif looks like they carry NorthStar. Call ahead to see what they have!
thanks for the info im going to call this weekend hopefully install is free with purchase so I don't have to do anything lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.