Help needed troubleshooting reinstalled amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

rogue9607

Hi everyone, I'm new on the boards and am hoping someone can help me diagnose my amp issues. My 97 Camaro was out of service for a couple of years, but I'm getting back to working on it now. During that time, I'd removed my amp and stored it indoors.

The amp is an Orion CS500.5 5 channel amp and I've reinstalled it, but it does not power up. I've checked the voltage on the positive/ground lines, checked the fuses (on the amp and the positive line), and the voltage on the remote line. I also tried jumping the remote line from the positive line.

During none of this did the power light illuminate. The only thing I noticed was that the red protection light comes on when the remote line has power but the power terminal isn't plugged in (turns off as soon as it's connected).

All I can come up with is that the amp is dead, but I'm hoping someone can come up with something I've missed. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.