help be figure out wtf happend to my h/u

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
driving to work this morning and my h/u(clarion dxz855mp) stop playing sound. Radio is still on and lit up. Then I started to smell something burning. Got to work and checked out things. Amps are not on. Pulled the radio out and nothing touching or burnt as far as wires. I can tell that the smell is coming from inside the unit. Did my outputs get fried for whatever reason? Remote wire to amps are in tact but still amps do not power up, fuses to amps are fine also. Had the radio wires unning to back door speakers. I do have the option to turn off the internal amp on the h/u but it is on. Reset the h/u and everything. Is my radio just gone? What the heck could cause this?

So with the internal amp on (in the HU) and the RCA's running to the amps, you get no sound what so ever, correct? If that's the case, then it's the ?? forgetting the name?? chip that just went out. Send it in for repair or just give it to me, I'll pay shipping and I wont part it out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Dead or alive, I'm a collector of Clarion.

Run a seperate line from a turn on to the amp turn on, see if they still power on. If so you could run a line from the radio fuse inside the car to the amp turn on. Its getto as shit but I've done it in the past.

After rereading your post, I agree with the comment above. That's why I asked if the internal amp is still powering the rear speakers. If not then it's far worse then what I said above. If the internal amp doesn't work and the remote wire doesn't turn on your amps, then yea, it's worse.

Didn't read the HU was running the rear speakers, yeah the internal amp probably went. If you don't need to run anything off the HU then I'd do what I mentioned above if it turns the amps on and works.

thanks guys, and yes, ive actually rigged something up like that before in my rookie years,lol. And yes, the rear fill running off the h/u do not play either. ***** because I have to wait til 5:30 this evening when i get off before I can thoroughly check everything out. I just wanted to make sure that it wasnt anything faulty on my part that made this happen. Seven h/u's in 1.5 years and this is the first time that this has even happened. And the 7 h/u's are just with this car. Just always trying new stuff.

ok,got home and got it working. Before I pulled the h/you out I decided to first see if my amps will power up. So,I took a piece of wire and ran the remote on the amp to the power wire. Speakers started playing loud and clear! Even the rear door speakers that are running off the h/u came on. What I'm not understanding is how would the remote wire stop the internal amp on the h/u to stop playing?

the internal amp is powered by same wire the remote lead is on, so neither is getting power, so by jumping the remote to the + lead on amp you put power through remote lead all the back to the hu turning it on. open the headunit and re solder the lead that came lose from what it sounds like

the internal amp is powered by same wire the remote lead is on, so neither is getting power, so by jumping the remote to the + lead on amp you put power through remote lead all the back to the hu turning it on. open the headunit and re solder the lead that came lose from what it sounds like
ok,I understand you on that part,but what got me is that the h/u was still on,just no sound until I put the remote on the +lead . I guess I guess I thought that it shouldn't have even powered up if the remote was bad.

no the remote lead is separate from the switching and constant lead so the mechanics of the hu are working but the output is not.. hotwire a remote lead and be done with it

Basically the same wire that turns on your amp turns on an external amp. So in turn treat your hu like it has to have a remote in now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.