need a new h/u,maybe...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Going to check my h/u when i get off. Just stopped putting out sound. Still lights up though. Going to troubleshoot when i get off. anyways, it was a temp h/u. was already wanting to find something real nice. Always wanted to try an Alpine unit. Can someone tell me which Alpine units are nice? Wanting the best xover capabilities possible. Was looking at something like the cda-7894 or something like that. Also heard the the older units are better than the newer ones even if its just because of personal preference.

time for an upgrade!!! right now the cda-117 is the only new alpine id consider going with. i put a 9886 in my friends car over the weekend and it sounds great. ive also heard not so good things about the newer units and thats why i chose not to go with the 117 or any other alpine when making my decision.

time for an upgrade!!! right now the cda-117 is the only new alpine id consider going with. i put a 9886 in my friends car over the weekend and it sounds great. ive also heard not so good things about the newer units and thats why i chose not to go with the 117 or any other alpine when making my decision.
exactly,that's why I'm hesitant to go with any of the newer units. I mean,I can read reviews on sonicelectronix or crutchfield that are positive but they are prob mostly people who are all about looks. I need something with a great xover with sound quality. Any thoughts kn the cda-9813? Thats the model that has my eye.

You want active crossovers? Or what? "Real good xovers" doesn't really help.
active xovers would be a good thing to have. Always wanted to try an active front stage. But something with a 5-7 band eq will be nice. The 2 band on my clarion just isn't cutting it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.